kayumanggi

ACTION POINT | June 1 18 | Paramount | Johnny Knoxville

on initial reaction, I thought this could be a mini breakout.  the stunts looked fresh from the trailer.  when I was viewing the trailer, I was thinking Bad Grandpa upgrade with Jackass 4.0 stunts added with animals.  Jackass 3 was pretty big budget from what I remember because the stunts seemed like they needed a lot of extra support and large sets.  the stunts in this trailer looked organic and built around the theme park setting.  

3 hours ago, Krissykins said:

I just watched the trailer and this looks absolutely abysmal. 

Interestingly, no reviews on RT and it opens tomorrow lol

Someone is going to get killed doing this kind of Jackass crap, and the legal repurcessions are going to be interesting. Thing is, they do stunts for this kind of movie the no real stunt man would touch.

This the first major movie of 2018 I've walked out of. I normally don't do that with feature films but I made a rule to where if a comedy doesn't make me laugh within an hour of it's running time, I'm out.

An hour went by and I didn't crack neither a smile or a chuckle so I bounced.

While I walked out of the film, I didn't feel any anguish but in fact disappointment towards Knoxville. Why attach a narrative to your stunts? By attaching an actual narrative, you’re decreasing the value and the special uniqueness of your brand.

http://rendyreviews.com/movies//action-point-review

5 minutes ago, TombRaider said:

johnny knoxville, are we in 2005?

In all fairness, Knoxville has been kicking box office ass all the way through 2013.  I’m not counting Turtles.

But, guess that’s over.

4 hours ago, rjones1325 said:

This the first major movie of 2018 I've walked out of. I normally don't do that with feature films but I made a rule to where if a comedy doesn't make me laugh within an hour of it's running time, I'm out.

That feels pretty pointless when the movie is only 77 minutes lol

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

That feels pretty pointless when the movie is only 77 minutes lol

And then you still go ahead and write a multi-paragraph review of it. You wanna write legit criticism, sometimes you gotta suffer. 

• Like 2