aabattery

Operation Finale | 21st of September, 2018 | Oscar Isaac hunts some Nazi,s | Chris Weitz to direct

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

I don't mind this move considering there's three other wide releases on September 14 I want to see (Predator/White Boy Rick/A Simple Favor). It also won't get dumped from theaters as quickly as it would in September.

Is WBR going wide? BOM lists it as limited (also under Studio 8 for some reason)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I'm pretty sure White Boy Rick is starting in limited release and then going wide the following week?

4 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Is WBR going wide? BOM lists it as limited (also under Studio 8 for some reason)

I haven't seen anything to suggest it's going limited first. When I got the trailer at Sicario the other day, the release date card didn't say anything about limited. BOM always had it wide before it moved to September, so IDK why they switched it. The Numbers says it's "Exclusive" (not limited) on the 14th as well :thinking: 

nvm Numbers says it expands on the 21st

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

As someone who studies the German (and consequently Nazi) history for years now, the tagline for this movie kinda annoys me. Hitlers "deadliest leutnant" was undoubtely Reinhard Heydrich, the main architect of the holocaust, which many people (including me) see as far worse than even Hitler or Himmler. Hitler actually said about Heydrich that the man has a "heart made of iron".

So yeah, the tagline of this annoys me, but i can understand why they use it, its better for marketing. Im still ofc looking forward to this (Ben Kingsley!), but i hope they stay as close to the facts as possible. Eichmanns capture needs no Hollywood exaggerations, it was spectacular enough on its own.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, MovieGuyKyle17 said:

So is the release schedule for this right? Box Office Mojo is reported at 1,800 screens but it's not even in any theater near me in a 2 hour radius. Like I don't live in the middle of nowhere, but I at least expected this to be in an hour drive. 

It's opening at a ton of theaters around me. Most likely they're targeting certain markets.

On ‎7‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 1:45 AM, Brainbug said:

As someone who studies the German (and consequently Nazi) history for years now, the tagline for this movie kinda annoys me. Hitlers "deadliest leutnant" was undoubtely Reinhard Heydrich, the main architect of the holocaust, which many people (including me) see as far worse than even Hitler or Himmler. Hitler actually said about Heydrich that the man has a "heart made of iron".

So yeah, the tagline of this annoys me, but i can understand why they use it, its better for marketing. Im still ofc looking forward to this (Ben Kingsley!), but i hope they stay as close to the facts as possible. Eichmanns capture needs no Hollywood exaggerations, it was spectacular enough on its own.

The scene in the previews where Eichmann is personally commanding a Nazi Killer Squad really lost me for this. That simply did not happen, Eichmann was a bureaucrat, a sort of middle manager in charge of extermination. He never commanded a unit in the field.

There have already been a couple of movies on the Eichmann capture so it's been done before.

Anyway, Kinglsey will not be as good as Eichmann as Stanley Tucci was in a HBO movie called "Conspiracy" about the Wannesee Meeting, where the Holocaust was actually planned out. Tucci was creepy as hell, And Kenneth Branagh as Heydrich was downright scary.

• Like 1

I saw Operation Finale yesterday, and while it had its intriguing moments, I was for the most part ... bored. The acting ranged from phone it in to overly dramatic,  the pacing of the story was slow, and I wasn't even convinced they were in Argentina. 

Definitely wait for cable on this one .... C