BOT's TOP 100 Film Scores: The Threequel: COUNTDOWN COMPLETE! (#1 Page 36!)

11 minutes ago, Beauty and The Panda said:

Jupiter Ascending's score isn't that good though.

Personally, I think JA's score is very good, but it didn't make my list because I had like over hundreds of scores to pick from. Doing a top hundred list is not easy, believe me. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Beauty and The Panda said:

The only comic book movie scores good enough to make it are Superman, Batman and Spider-Man

This disrespect towards the first Iron Man...

I find it extremely disturbing.

8 minutes ago, aabattery said:

This disrespect towards the first Iron Man...

I find it extremely disturbing.

Yes because we all know that Djawadi's RC style guitar bits was a masterpiece of film scoring. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, aabattery said:

You're breaking my heart here.

Hey, man at least he improved a little bit with Civil War, and the score was marginally mediocre as well. 

4 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I only recall one theme I liked from Iron Man, which is when he got rescued, shortly after escaping from the caves.

You're not the only one, that score is a lousy Zimmer clone through and through.

6 minutes ago, franfar said:

I never remember the scores from MCU films. They're so homogenous 

Most of them aren't really anything special, but there are a few scores that do have standout themes, some that come to mind are Silvestri's Cap, Doyle's Thor, and Tyler's Iron Man 3 theme. Beck's Ant-Man theme is pretty good as well, as is Giacchino's Doctor Strange

Compared to so much of modern music, though, they're practically terrific. The sweeping romantic music of the past that say composers like Jarre and Barry excelled at is basically unpopular in modern day Hollywood. It's why there were so few scores from the 21st century on my list.

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, aabattery said:

The music when he's first joyriding with the silver armour is dope.

Obviously my taste is different and better than all of yours so I don't expect you to agree.

AA prepares to fly as generic guitar music starts kicking in. FUN!!!

• Like 1