Mockingjay Raphael

IT // $666M WW!!!!! // Breaking records everywhere!!!!

35 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Hey the tweet says "from 46 international markets". Thats what got me worried!

SCREEN says only 6 markets this weekend, so maybe 46 is a typo?

Horror remake IT will try to scare up big returns from international audiences when it debuts in the UK, South Korea, Russia, Brazil, Australia, and Spain this weekend. 

Edit: sorry DHD just posted it is indeed 46 markets.

Edited by MinaTakla

5 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

IT: $1.9m

SM:HC: $2.0m

The fact that it came so close, without 3D and a friendly rating shows who's the real winner...  

Wow! I want to increase my forecast for Mexico to $10M+, the US and Brazil numbers give me some confidence.

• Like 1

I hope Warner is lowballing these numbers, $62m would be a bit front-loaded, anyway, fantastic OW!

Those markets will bring at least $180m, plus:

Mexico: $25m

France: $25m

Argentina: $15m

Italy & Germany: $10m each one

Plus $25m from smaller markets and you have at least $290m OS, but this can easily cross $300m if it explodes in some markets. 

This is going to make $600m+ WW on a $30m budget, I don't think there's any $600m+ grosser with such a low budget. Unbelievable.   

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I hope Warner is lowballing these numbers, $62m would be a bit front-loaded, anyway, fantastic OW!

Those markets will bring at least $180m, plus:

Mexico: $25m

France: $25m

Argentina: $15m

Italy & Germany: $10m each one

Plus $25m from smaller markets and you have at least $290m OS, but this can easily cross $300m if it explodes in some markets. 

This is going to make $600m+ WW on a $30m budget, I don't think there's any $600m+ grosser with such a low budget. Unbelievable.   

think the previous was Sixth Sense with a 40m budget. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

think the previous was Sixth Sense with a 40m budget. 

Passion of the Christ, $611m on a $30m budget, and I believe after those is 50 shades and then Deadpool, both close to sixth sense in their ratios.

1 hour ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

If USA is opening at $120m, I wouldn't expect anything less than the second biggest OW of year in Mexico!

PS are nuts, there are complexes with even 10-12 midnight screenings! Angelopolis (one of biggest complexes of the country) has 14! OW numbers will depend on its OD, Canelo's fight will affect saturday numbers just like NFL in US.

• Thanks 1