Mockingjay Raphael

IT // $666M WW!!!!! // Breaking records everywhere!!!!

1 hour ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

It makes no sense considering that Mexico must be the biggest OS market for this movie, you guys should be receiving this movie one week earlier, not one week later. 

I assume they do because is Independence Day weekend, but that day is Sep 16, which is saturday, so really makes no sense because friday and monday are regular days. Releasing it one week earlier gave them 3 weeks totally free of competition, but meh... still is making a ton of money.

As expected, IT has been oficially rated as B-15 in Mexico, now, let the records begin.

Worst case scenario (A:C 3-Day scenario): $6.1M 4-Day OW
Best case scenario (TC2 scenario): $9.4M 4-Day OW

That's assuming $1 USD = $17.9 MXN, currently is at $17.77 but has been very volatile the last two weeks.

Just me beeing an example, i never watch horror movies in theaters (bets way to watch them is alone in a dark room imo), but i will definetly see IT. Many of my friends will also. I think it will be very big in Europe.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Just me beeing an example, i never watch horror movies in theaters (bets way to watch them is alone in a dark room imo), but i will definetly see IT. Many of my friends will also. I think it will be very big in Europe.

That's exactly my situation and that's why i think too this will be big to huge everywhere. 

Edited by picores
  • Like 2

50 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

Will definitely play like an event movie bringing people that do not go usually in theater at all or for movies like that in, I expect that from at least most Anglo-Saxon market and Mexico, what Euro market you are in ?

51 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Will definitely play like an event movie bringing people that do not go usually in theater at all or for movies like that in, I expect that from at least most Anglo-Saxon market and Mexico, what Euro market you are in ?

Germany. Horror movies are usually not very big here, but im certain IT will be an outlier. Shame that we dont get the movie till the end of September :sadben:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Great numbers in Australia and New Zealand, seems to be headed for the biggest horror OW of all time in UK.

Not a surprise considering that the genre isn't strong at all there, I'm more interested in Asia's numbers, it needs to at least double Annabelle's numbers in Europe to have a shot at $300m OS, since Asia is probably going down.