Mockingjay Raphael

IT // $666M WW!!!!! // Breaking records everywhere!!!!

IT

New Line

Continuing to break records after its mega global opening last weekend, New Line/WB’s adaptation of Stephen King’s Itadded 10 overseas markets this session for another $60.3M. That takes the offshore cume to $152.6M in 56 international hubs. The worldwide cume is $371.3M. This weekend’s drop was just 37% abroad.

The Andy Muschietti-helmed scarer had a fantastic bow in Mexico where it dominated 90% of the Top 5 movies with $13.85M on 4,300 screens. This is the biggest opening weekend ever for a horror movie there, WB’s best of 2017 and the studio’s No. 3 all-time biggest in the market.

Likewise, Sweden’s bow ($2.6M/186 screens) set records for the best horror launch and WB’s top 2017 debut frame. Further creating new thresholds for the biggest horror launch ever are Israel, Portugal, South Africa and Turkey.

In holds, It dipped just 38% in the UK for a cume of $27.7M to lead all markets. Australia floated its cume up to $11.8M. The movie stayed No. 1 and fended off four new opening pics for the honor. It also held No. 1 in Russia with $13.8M to date. Further No. 1s were in horror-friendly markets Brazil ($10.9M so far) and Spain($7.2M to date).

Indonesia meanwhile dropped by just 1% to lift its cume to $4.1M and Hollanddeflated by only 15% for a $3.3M total so far.

There are still several markets to go with France and Argentina launching next weekend and benefiting from the great momentum.

HUGE

• Like 3

I'm stunned at this performance.  Deadpool shocked me but bottom line is that is still a superhero movie from Marvel.  

With IT, I had no idea the book was this loved on a world wide basis. If fact, I always felt that my love of the book was kind of like being in a small and very exclusive club.  I just never would have anticipated this kind of anticipation and reception for IT.

I'm thrilled that it's doing this well.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

I'm stunned at this performance.  Deadpool shocked me but bottom line is that is still a superhero movie from Marvel.  

With IT, I had no idea the book was this loved on a world wide basis. If fact, I always felt that my love of the book was kind of like being in a small and very exclusive club.  I just never would have anticipated this kind of anticipation and reception for IT.

Not to spoil your stanning enjoyment but I believe that it is more like overseas audiences following American trends. It's quite usual nowadays.

IT is well known but not quite like it is in US. Same goes for Stephen King.

I may be wrong but that's how I feel it is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Not to spoil your stanning enjoyment but I believe that it is more like overseas audiences following American trends. It's quite usual nowadays.

IT is well known but not quite like it is in US. Same goes for Stephen King.

I may be wrong but that's how I feel it is.

Well you could be right. Either way its an incredible achievement. 

IT will beat Dunkirk and Kong to become WB's 3rd biggest 2017 movie globally after JL and WONDR.

11 Kong: Skull Island WB $566.7 $168.1 29.7% $398.6 70.3%
12 Dunkirk WB $508.3 $185.1 36.4% $323.2 63.6%

IT also has sights on

9 Logan Fox $616.8 $226.3 36.7% $390.5 63.3%
10 Transformers: The Last Knight Par. $605.4 $130.2 21.5% $475.3 78.5%

8 hours ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Actually, the book is well known, atleast here in my area in Germany. Everyone knows Pennywise, even if they didnt read the book or watched the TV series. Hell, i didnt reas the book or watched the series but i know what IT is :D

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

To be honest I don't think this is SK or the book's magic. Sure the book is really popular and probably had some influence but this number is way beyond that. It is a phenomenon that couldn't have been predicted, think in recent years, Stranger Things of movies. It has a relatively unknown crew(directors etc.), unknown cast and low budget but it just hits all the right notes with the audience to the point where everyone's gotta go check this out just to see what the buzz is about. 

• Like 2

New Line’s horror reboot It debuted in 10 additional territories this weekend and continued to break international records. Andy Muschietti’s film grossed a further $60.3m on 15,375 screens in 56 markets, representing a drop of just 37% from the massive opening last weekend in holdover markets. This brings the international running total to $152.6m and the worldwide tally to $371.3m.

In Mexico, the film generated $13.8m on 4,300 screens, which is the biggest opening weekend ever for a horror film, the biggest Warner Bros opening weekend of 2017, and the third-biggest opening of all time for a Warner Bros film. Sweden also boasted the biggest opening weekend ever for a horror film and the biggest Warner Bros opening weekend in 2017, producing $2.6m on 186 screens, clearly ranking number one. The delivered had the biggest opening weekend ever for a horror film in Israel, Portugal, South Africa and Turkey.

It grossed $8.2m for $27.7m in the UK, dipping just 38% from last weekend and maintaining the number one position in the market. Australia dropped a mere 33%, generating $4m for $11.8m, and fending off four new opening films in the market to stay number one. Meanwhile, Russia added $4m for a running total of $13.8m. In Brazil, the horror film added $3.4m, a 41% decrease from last weekend, for a running total of $10.9m.

Spain produced $2m for $7.2m, Indonesia generated $1.4m for $4.1m, dropping just 1%, while Holland brought in $1.3m for $3.3m. The UK is the top grossing territory on $27.7m, followed by Mexico on $13.9m, Russia on $13.8m, Australia on $11.8m, Brazil on $10.9m, and Spain on $7.2m. South Korea has generated $5.9m, Indonesia $4.1m, Holland $3.3m, India $3.2m, Chile $3m, and Malaysia $2.9m.

It will debut in France and Argentina this week and opens in four IMAX markets including France and Argentina. 

From screen international, more detail on country breakdown 

13 hours ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

HEY DUDE! Why the fuck are you copying my thoughts :apocalypse:

• Haha 1