Mockingjay Raphael

IT // $666M WW!!!!! // Breaking records everywhere!!!!

On 18/9/2017 at 1:30 PM, Brainbug said:

Actually, the book is well known, atleast here in my area in Germany. Everyone knows Pennywise, even if they didnt read the book or watched the TV series. Hell, i didnt reas the book or watched the series but i know what IT is :D

Yep in my country also, while it's well known there's also a ton of people who knew there's a book/miniseries called IT about a killer clown and it's apparently terrifying even if they never saw/read it. For some reason people instantly recognize it even if they are not familiar with the source material. I don't know exactly why (nor the book nor the miniseries were THAT popular) but it was already kind of iconic even before the new movie dropped the first trailer.

I wonder if the sequel has potential to increase even more OS, now that the people that didn't know it was based on a book, are buying the book, on the same way that happened with THG back in 2012? At least here in Brazil, most of persons had no idea it was based on a book, and the sales are blowing up! And I'm pretty sure it wasn't well known by most of the LA region and Asia as well. If it plays like a YA (when it comes to increasing in a sequel), Jesus Christ... 

17 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

I wonder if the sequel has potential to increase even more OS, now that the people that didn't know it was based on a book, are buying the book, on the same way that happened with THG back in 2012? At least here in Brazil, most of persons had no idea it was based on a book, and the sales are blowing up! And I'm pretty sure it wasn't well known by most of the LA region and Asia as well. If it plays like a YA (when it comes to increasing in a sequel), Jesus Christ... 

I dunno, I think part of the appeal of IT is the kids. I don't think an adult cast will be quite the same.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

It won't be easy. Everything went perfectly for this one. That's not happening with every movie releasing.

I currently expect the second part to be big obv, but not THAT big.

• Like 1

On ‎9‎/‎17‎/‎2017 at 10:18 AM, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Jesus Christ, this is going above $700m WW, I'm speechless, OS may touch $360m for god's sake. 

Not bad for a 35 Million dollar investment..........

Wonder Woman will make more at the box office, but I would not be surprised if in net  (aka real) profit It does not end up rating higher then Wondy because It only cost a fraction of what WW cost.....

Edited by dudalb

6 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Not bad for a 35 Million dollar investment..........

Wonder Woman will make more at the box office, but I would not be surprised if in net  (aka real) profit It does not end up rating higher then Wondy because It only cost a fraction of what WW cost.....

Probably depends if you take merchandising sales boost into account or not (and Stephen King deal),

On September 20, 2017 at 5:32 PM, PrisonMan said:

$700M WW is a real possibility or $600M is a more realistic one?

It made almost $60m this week, inflated by the massive OW in Argentina.

If it drops a standard 50% for now, it's going to add at least more $60m from these markets, but since IT doesn't seems to be free falling anywhere, I would say that $80m is more likely, which would bring the OS total to $290m, then you still have Germany & Italy, it's hard to predict numbers from these countries, since they're not Horror friendly markets, but considering that IT has been playing above the genre everywhere, I would say that at least $30m from these markets, plus $6m from the rest. And then you have the most unpredicted market: Japan. IT is going to arrive there with at least $330m in the tank, depending on the numbers there, it could go anywhere from $330m to $360m OS. Since Domestic seems to be tracking at a $340m total, it would need at least $30m from Japan to cross $700m WW. 

HUGE numbers!!!

WARNER BROS PICTURES INTERNATIONAL

It continues to break international records, with exceptional openings in France and Argentina over the weekend.  Overall, the film grossed another $38.3m on 12,275 screens in 59 markets, now passing the $200m mark on $211.7m and bringing the worldwide tally to $478m.

The horror adaptation debuted in France on $6.3m, including previews, ranking a dominant number one in the market. The opening was the biggest Warner Bros opening weekend in 2017 and came in ahead of all comparable titles.

Argentina produced $4.1m on 421 screens during its opening weekend. The film dominated the market and became the biggest opening weekend ever for a horror film, as well as becoming the biggest Warner Bros opening weekend ever in that market.

After two weeks, the film is still number one in Mexico after generating $4.1m for $21.1m. The UK produced $3.8m for $34.5m after three sessions, while Brazil generated $2.4m in week three for $14.5m, a mere 29% drop from last weekend. Australia produced $2m for $14.9m and second place after two sessions. Spain box office dipped just 27%, generating $1.5m for a running market total of $9.5m after three weekends in release.

The UK is the top grossing market on $34.5m, followed by Mexico on $21.1m, Russia $16.6m, Australia $14.9m, Brazil $14.3m, Spain $9.5m. South Korea generated $6.3m, while Indonesia produced $5.5m, Sweden $4.8m, Chile $4.5m, Holland $4.3m, and Argentina $4.1m. It debuts in Germany on September 28.

• Like 1