alisson23

September: The cursed month. Will IT break its curse?

15 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

Footage was a disaster.  Looks terrible and they know it.  

"Footage looks horrible, let's show it to the public at Cinema Con then."

Yeah, it makes a lot of sense.

Edited by alisson23

7 minutes ago, franfar said:

Ninjago won't do it (you're really stanning for that movie :P)

Kingsman 2 should clear the bar

1.) Agreed on Kingsman 2

2.) I won't reach Gokira level though.

3.) Realistically, I see a Cloudy 1 type run for Ninjago, due to lack of family films. The only way I could see $150M+, is with a $45M+ OW, and that'd only happen if DM3 went sub $300M, Cars 3 went sub $210M, and Emoji went sub $75M.

IT will probably open to 20M ish and close at 50M ish. Theres no such thing as a September curse though, very little evidence to suggest films perform worse in September than in other months.

8 minutes ago, Manchester by the Tree said:

IT will probably open to 20M ish and close at 50M ish. Theres no such thing as a September curse though, very little evidence to suggest films perform worse in September than in other months.

Er, have you seen the trailer views?

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Er, have you seen the trailer views?

I hadn't done, but just searched on youtube and 23M? Yeah a very good number of trailer views but it really doesn't indicate anything.

44 minutes ago, Manchester by the Tree said:

I hadn't done, but just searched on youtube and 23M? Yeah a very good number of trailer views but it really doesn't indicate anything.

Weren't you the one who thought Beauty and The Beast would open to 70M because you thought online buzz was meaningless? Yeah, how did that work out for you?

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

Weren't you the one who thought Beauty and The Beast would open to 70M because you thought online buzz was meaningless? Yeah, how did that work out for you?

Wasn't talking about "online buzz", I was referring to this forum; I saw few people talking about the film outside of the forum.

6 hours ago, Manchester by the Tree said:

Wut? Lol 

On 4/4/2017 at 8:50 AM, Valonqar said:

Trailer views don't mean much. 50 Shades darker broke YT views records and opened with less than 50 Shades of Grey. They show there's an interest in watching a trailer, not necessarily in watching a movie. Although IT will be a huge hit. That's a given. Just not because of YT, etc views.

First 50 shades trailers had 84 million view:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SfZWFDs0LxA

Darker seem closer to 20 million:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6BVyk7hty8

It is not easy to calculate with the big amount of them and account having them, but you have to watch out, youtube views are not the same as trailers views, if you include Facebook and other platform they are less valids because they count anyone that have seen them involuntary scrolling a page that had it, Youtube views are much more solid (because they are better moneytize and are more strict on what is a view)

And 50 shade darker will be one of the biggest movie of the year, once against showing a strong correlation between youtube views and box office, the correlation is extremely strong according to all study made, they mean a lot.

If trailer views would not mean much, that would mean that if we take the last 800 wide released movie and graph the opening box office relative to their trailers views that we would not see a strong correlation, I doubt that, I doubt that very much.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Arlborn said:

Bwa Bwa bwaaaaaa.