baumer

***************Stephen King's IT BOOK SPOILER THREAD************** BOOK SPOILERS ARE FAIR GAME MOVIE SPOILERS ARE NOT!!!**** ONLY DISCUSS THE BOOK THERE IS ANOTHER THREAD FOR THE MOVIE.

Ok everyone, you all asked for it, here it is.  

Since there is so much anticipation of the September film and because so many of you (us) have read the book or seen the TV two part movie, this thread is dedicated to spoiler discussion.  You can discuss anything you want.

The child orgy

Belch, Bowers and friends

The Black Spot

The Kitchener Ironworks

Eddie Corchoran being found dead in the park

Mike and the giant bird

Eddie and Neibold Street suck your cock for a dime

Richie's Irish cop voice

Bev's father and his creepy disgusting concern about her being in tact

The Spider

Christine making an appearance

The underground smoke house

The Barrens

The dam

The apocalyptic rock fight

It's all fair game here.

This thread will stay here for two weeks in the main forum and then be moved to the Speakeasy.

Let's GO!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

Stephen King's It is the origin story of Cousin Itt. There. Spoiled for everyone. BOOM!

Image result for cousin itt

In Bev's voice....grow up film lover. :)

3 hours ago, filmlover said:

But the new movie takes place in the 80s, so...

Actually I just Googled it and it was established in 1957...one year before the book takes place.  :redcapes:

2 hours ago, Fate of the Robertman2 said:

There is no way the orgy stays

That has already been confirmed that it is not going to be in the movie.

12 hours ago, baumer said:

Really curious to see how they handle the first time Bill and Richie meet the werewolf on Neibolt street.

That's such a great, terrifying scene in the book.  Richie keeps expecting it to stop, but the thing keeps coming after them, breaking the sort of cardinal rule that these things don't happen out in the open.  I think that's one of the reasons it stuck with me over the years, because it chases them down the street in broad daylight, and I remember reading it and thinking, "wait, that's not supposed to happen," since it almost never does in other stories.  

I'm wondering if/how they incorporate some of the cosmic elements and the whole good vs. evil thing, or if It is just going to be a monster (which would be fine with me, if done well, I don't particularly care if they do the whole Turtle thing full-on or just hint at it).  One of the scenes I remember best from the books, and it is a little thing, but when Bill is fixing up Silver, he drops the cards and two aces of spades are the only two that flip up, which should be impossible, but one is blue and one is red (I think it was...) though from the same deck, like a printing mistake, though, of course, it isn't.  There is a constant sense that something is fighting to stop It and working through the kids, but giving them these little boons along the way.  Will be interesting to see what of that makes its way into the movie.

• Like 1

I just read this on the IMDb trivia, is this true.

"Cary Fukunaga's script contained scenes involving children so sexual in nature, several parents pulled their child actors out of auditioning after reading it. The studio asked Fukunaga to rewrite these scenes, but he felt them so important to the spirit of the book he chose to leave the project instead."

3 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

I just read this on the IMDb trivia, is this true.

"Cary Fukunaga's script contained scenes involving children so sexual in nature, several parents pulled their child actors out of auditioning after reading it. The studio asked Fukunaga to rewrite these scenes, but he felt them so important to the spirit of the book he chose to leave the project instead."

If fukunaga was following the book, then it probably is true.

So I just finished reading this book again. I really can't wait to see how they handle some of the stuff in this book. It's truly going to be an Epic film if they do it right.

• Like 4

On 4/14/2017 at 7:02 AM, baumer said:

So I just finished reading this book again. I really can't wait to see how they handle some of the stuff in this book. It's truly going to be an Epic film if they do it right.

I'm early in the book now.  Like chapter 3 early since I'm just doing the audiobook right now.  

I'm on the part where Richie Tozier, the radio guy, is thinking back to Derry as he is planning to go back there to keep the promise they all made as a kid.

I wonder if they are going to keep it in the same time period as the book or if they will "modernize" it.  If they do that, they have to get rid of a lot of the homophobic terms that really don't play well any more.  

I'm really curious how they will pull off some of the stuff in the film

Edited by 75live

21 minutes ago, THE PHENOMENAL BKB said:

This is being split into 2 movies, right??? One when they're kids and the other when they're adults??? If so, I'd say that's a good start to making an effort to be as close to the Novel as possible... :thinking:

yep that's the plan.  But that doesn't change what I am asking about :P  I'm not worried they can get as much stuff fin there, just want they need to weed out for a different society

• Like 2