baumer

***************Stephen King's IT BOOK SPOILER THREAD************** BOOK SPOILERS ARE FAIR GAME MOVIE SPOILERS ARE NOT!!!**** ONLY DISCUSS THE BOOK THERE IS ANOTHER THREAD FOR THE MOVIE.

I have 240 pages left so hopefully I get more time to finish up :)

I haven't gotten to the orgy but it's pretty much already been said she had sex with them all from her own words.  But yeah I can't see how they could show that on screen.  It will be hinted at majorly but never shown

Well finally done.  Man, still a great book.  It even got me teary eyed, maybe due to my age and King seems to have a great way of reminiscing about childhood like almost no other (proof that is The Body or Stand by Me as most know it as).  

I even wrote a huge friend's post that I want to put on Facebook due to how it made me feel and how much I need my friends, maybe need too much.

If they get even half of the ideas of the book right in these films, they could be incredible

• Like 1

On 6/24/2017 at 2:45 PM, 75live said:

I have 240 pages left so hopefully I get more time to finish up :)

I haven't gotten to the orgy but it's pretty much already been said she had sex with them all from her own words.  But yeah I can't see how they could show that on screen.  It will be hinted at majorly but never shown

They probably won't. I think something in the MPAA rating would've hinted at that. NC-17 movies don't sell at all.

Bumping for @Cochofles

"That scene" is near the end of the book, all seven kids have an orgy.  The six males, age 11, have sex with Beverly.  It obviously caused a lot of outrage but in the context of the book, it made sense.  You'd truly have to read all 1100 pages to get the vibe of the book, before you could formulate an opinion.  

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

Bumping for @Cochofles

"That scene" is near the end of the book, all seven kids have an orgy.  The six males, age 11, have sex with Beverly.  It obviously caused a lot of outrage but in the context of the book, it made sense.  You'd truly have to read all 11 pages to get the vibe of the book, before you could formulate an opinion.  

Thanks! :) Now I understand why you (or was it someone else?) said that the scene would definitely not be in the movie.  

And here I thought it would be some particularly gruesome death scene that involved a toddler or something!! :o 

• Like 2

Well there are some really gruesome death scenes of kids as well but you can get away with that in the movies. Somehow an orgy with 11 year old's probably wouldn't pass the sensors LOL

• Haha 2

@boomboom234

When Pennywise wants Henry to break out of juniper Hill to go kill what's left of the losers Club he sends a 58 red and white Plymouth Fury to come and get him. Christine, the car, that Stephen King wrote, is the one that breaks him out. I love that part of the book LOL

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Stutterng baumer Denbrough said:

@boomboom234

When Pennywise wants Henry to break out of juniper Hill to go kill what's left of the losers Club he sends a 58 red and white Plymouth Fury to come and get him. Christine, the car, that Stephen King wrote, is the one that breaks a note. I love that seasonal book LOL

yeah I smiled a lot when I read the description of the car and obviously knowing what it was referring to :)

but yeah that, the Shawshank and other references are always good easter eggs in some his books

• Like 1

I read this at imdb...and thank God Muschetti demanded to keep the details from the book.  If Fukunaga's version had been filmed, some of us would have rioted.  Changing names, changing the rock fight to a fireworks fight?  Not including the leper?  My god, wtf

When Andy Muschietti initially signed on to direct, the studio had wanted him to use exactly the same script that Cary Fukunaga had planned on using, with the only edits being the omission of the more controversial scenes that would've earned the film an NC-17 rating (such as Henry Bowers having sex with a sheep and ejaculating on a birthday cake, or Beverly's father attempting to rape her). Muschietti loved the structure and human drama of Fukunaga's version, but requested that he be allowed to slightly edit the script to make it more faithful to the novel, which the studio chose to allow. These changes included putting in the Leper and Bill's stutter, elements from the novel which Fukunaga had cut, as well as changing names back to their original novel forms (Will to Bill, Travis to Henry, Snatch to Belch, etc.) and changing the firework fight back to the "Apocalyptic Rock Fight." Muschietti also planned on including the "Smokehole" scene in which Richie and Mike use a Native American tradition to have a vision which details how It arrived on Earth millions of years ago. Due to the extensive CGI needed for this scene, it was deemed too expensive for the film and Muschietti was forced to cut it from the script.

13 hours ago, Boxofficerules said:

It doesn't sound like Bill is stuttering from the trailers, unless they're editing the sound in a way to get rid of it.

Why would you change Will to Bill? That just seems so pointless!

He'll have a stutter.  That's one of the things they HAVE to keep in, imo.  It's part of who Bill is.

I'm going to move this to the main forum.  We still have three weeks before this comes out, but I think more and more people are reading the book now.  So it's a good place to discuss spoilers that you hope make it into the film. 

• Like 1

Maybe I'm wrong but wouldn't an 1100 page novel being adapted into 2 (supposedly) movies still not be enough to cover everything?

Or have I just grown up in a world where I'm used to the Hobbit trilogy being over 8 hours?

2 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Maybe I'm wrong but wouldn't an 1100 page novel being adapted into 2 (supposedly) movies still not be enough to cover everything?

Or have I just grown up in a world where I'm used to the Hobbit trilogy being over 8 hours?

The new film is 135 minutes so it's possible part 2 will be longer. The miniseries is 192 minutes in total by comparison.

• Like 1