The Wild Eric

Weekend Box Office: Friday #s (DHD Pg 9) BB 6.78M, BATB 6.55M, Smurfs 4M, Going in Style 4.2M, GITS 2.1M, PR 1.6M, Kong 1.5M

• Community Manager
2 hours ago, Gokai Red said:

What's up with the whole Smurfs replacing other words thing going on across the site? Did someone hack the sight or something? Cause if not, I think that's very unprofessional and annoying to force people into a meme, one that isn't particularly funny in the first place. 

Hi, if you have a problem with how the site is being run, please feel free to contact me! Having said that, this is an internet forum about the entertainment industry. Even if we were a professional forum staff, which we're not, temporarily using the word filter system to replace some words with "smurf" would indeed be professional. I'm sorry you find it annoying and not particularly funny but in our defense, the Smurfs in general are annoying and aren't particularly funny in the first place. Despite this, they are iconic.

Have a good day! :)

• Like 11

17 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Actually, for real, I would have loved Emma Watson to be the lead a live action Smurf (not any more though now that the live action ones suck).

10 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

This implies a time when they didn't suck.

f7FdEdG.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Gokai Red said:

Smurf's up with the whole Smurfs replacing other words thing going on across the site? Did smurfone hack the sight or something? Cause if not, I think that's very unsmurfessinoal and smurfnoying to smurf people into a meme, one that isn't particularly smurfy in the first place. 

smurfed @Gokai Blue

Edited by a2knet

16 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I wonder if Aeron Flux bombing made Charlize Theron cry when she realized that was the end of her career as an action hero.

Well at least she had Fury Road a decade later to make things better. 

Edited by Fancyarcher

18 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I wonder if Aeron Flux bombing made Charlize Theron cry when she realized that was the end of her career as an action hero.

She got her second Oscar nom the same year so it was all good in the end.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1

Smurf's merchandising may not be huge (like Cars or some CBMs), but it must be something right? Considering this one's prod budget is only 60, there may be a sequel if the movie legs it to 45-50 dom and 100+ OS as long as merchandizing makes them good money.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Webslinger said:

All I can think about whenever I hear about the Smurfs is the Seven parody from Robot Chicken, in which Brainy Smurf wonders how someone will die for lust, only to then be told that Chronic Masturbator Smurf has been murdered. :lol:

I never got the appeal of the Smurfs either, but I was born after they were popular and Cartoon Network didn't give them nearly enough airtime in the late-'90s/early-'00s for any retroactive nostalgia to kick in (unlike, say, Scooby-Doo).

I remember Smurfs broadcasted a lot on CN when I was younger actually. In fact I think CN aired the Smurfs around 10:00 weekly up until about 2003, before they were discarded to Boomerang. They came back occasionally, though.

1 hour ago, Celedhring said:

Anybody else rooted for Gargamel when he was a kid? I always found the smurfs so incredibly annoying. 

I don't know if I rooted for him, but he was certainly one of my favorite character growing-up. I think it helped that helped that he was voiced by Paul Winchell (the original voice of Tiger), and like most 80's cartoon villains he was more interesting / entertaining then the actual heroes themselves.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

:thinking:  So you're saying it's not all over for Scarlett and come 2026 or so she'll be hire-able again.

Sure if she finds the right project / franchise to help on. Right now she can probably still coast off the success of the Avengers film, though. 

3 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Smurf's merchandising may not be huge (like Cars or some CBMs), but it must be something right? Considering this one's prod budget is only 60, there may be a sequel if the movie legs it to 45-50 dom and 100+ OS as long as merchandizing makes them good money.

I'll honestly be surprised if they make a sequel, cause that would confirm that Sony is desperate.