Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

$60M/$180M (3x)

Much like Jump Street, Kingsman had a loved first movie with fantastic legs, not only that it created a following. With the same cast with new members like Channing Tatum and Halle Berry, I can see it playing out like a weaker 22 Jump Street.

American Made

$17M/$55M (3.23x)

Unfortunately while I see this having good legs, not even Tom Cruise could help this from not being forgotten OW.

Flatliners

$7M/$15M (2.14x)

This is doomed to forgotten and no one will care like at all.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, junkshop36 said:

I'm just waiting for your TLJ prediction. 

I actually agree with most of these. Except for that Dark Tower predict lol

Trust me if you thought my TDT prediction was crazy or if my IT was nuts. You may be surprised for a few movies.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YourMother said:

9/8/17

IT ('s Alive!!!)

Hide contents

Prepare for boldness!

Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents
  Hide contents

$75M/$160M (2.13x)

With great trailer views, the power of nostalgia, and 2017 being the year of horror, IT will breakout hugely. Although I doubt it'll reach $180M+, the hype seems big enough for a huge OW.

Home Again

$8.5M/$26M (3.05x)

Although opening next to IT may not be wise, this should do decent business.

Midnight Sun

$3.5M/$9M (2.57x)

This should be hurt by both IT and Home Again, not expecting much from this either.

I think It will have a better multiplier

10/6/17

Blade Runner 2049 (90210)

Spoiler

Bold!

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

$45M/$100M (2.2x)

This will be the next Independence Day: Resurgence at the domestic box office, of a beloved movie that has an unappealing sequel. It'll have a decent sized OW, crash second weekend, and Sony will try to keep it in theaters to get past $100M.

My Little Pony: The Movie

$10M/$25M (2.5x)

Thanks to the power of Lionsgate and Bronies, not to mention unnecessary need, I can see this movie performing even weaker than Smurfs: The Lost Village.

• Like 1

10/13/17

mother! 

$20M/$85M (4.25x)

This could be the breakout that no one expected. I can see this acting very similar to The Accountant, plus Jennifer Lawrence always help.

The Snowman

$19M/$65M (3.42x)

I think this should also do decent business but more like The Girl on The Train.

Marshall

$15M/$45M (3x)

Haven't heard much about it but I think it could do decent business.

10/20/17

Geostorm

$50M/$125M (2.5x)

This looks bad to me, but judging from reactions to getting this trailer before I can see this doing some decent business especially in 3D.

Insidious Chapter 4

$18M/$45M (2.5x)

After seing how IC3 performed back in 2015, I can see this continuing the decrease of the franchise.

The Mountain Between Us

$20M/$75M (3.75x)

I can somehow see this doing well amount the GA, with decent reviews of course.

War with Grandpa (Tele)

$7.5M/$22.5M (3x)

Should do decent business for a small Live Action family movie especially with DeNiro

Same Kind of Different as Me

$5M/$12M (2.4x)

Another easily forgotten movie by Pure Flix.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, YourMother said:

The rest of October will come later tonight, I may throw a bone or two and give you guys the rest of November too. Christmas will arrive Tomorrow.

I'm enjoying your writing. Do the whole year. I'm bored...:P

• Like 1

10/27/17

God Particle (Cloverfield 3)

$25M/$70M (2.8x)

God Particle should be flat from the last Cloverfield movie domestic, the franchise has so kind of audience, but don't expect too much.

Saw Legacy

$18M/$60M (3.33x)

Not expecting too much from Saw, but due to nostalgia I can see it doing some decent business.

Thank You For Your Service

$12M/$40M (3.5x)

I can imagine this doing some decent business for this genre. Maybe with luck it can get to $50M+.

Spoiler

The Holidays start here

11/3/17

Nordic Smurf: Rangarök (This. IS. SPARTA!!!) 

$130M/$312M (2.4x)

Although September and October are stuffed with decent hits, being part of Disney/Cheap TV Smurf marketing/check cashing machine, having Green Smurf, Hiddlesmurf, and Strange Smurf along with the power of Blanchet, this will be the kickoff movie of the holiday season.

A Bad Moms Christmas 

Spoiler

Bold Prediction

$45M/$140M (3.11x)

Given the lack of big female driven comedies and a beloved first film, Bad Moms 2 , especially during the holiday season should be a smashing hit.

Suburbicon

$15M/$65M (4.3x)

Although it may get lost between the one-two punch of Nordic Smurf and Moms, Suburbicon should have some of that Oscar buzz and gain some great legs for itself.

• Like 1

11/10/17

The Star

Spoiler

Bold Prediction

$50M/$175M (3.5x)

Although Sony Animation is a mixed things when it comes to box office. With a strong cast including Oprah, Key, and Tyler Perry, and it being a Christmas themed animated movie, I can see this being a surprise breakout hit.

(Choke Me) Daddy's Home 2

$38M/$125M (3.29x)

Not expecting much for this one, this should be remain flat on OW but have weaker legs causing a slight decrease.

Red Sparrow

$25M/$75M (3x)

While I think this may not be big OW, I expect this to have great legs.

• Like 1

11/17/17

Justice League (Paid by Critics) Calling CBM fans, @Fate of the Robertman2, @Brainiac5, @cax16, @grey ghost

$165M/$405M (2.4x)

Another DCEU movie, another internet civil war. Although the DCEU has had a mixed track record so far, MoS failed to do over $300M, Martha Smurf had a great OW but had bad WOM and failed to have both a 2x multiplier and do over $350M domestic, Smurf Sqwad did good business despite the WOM as Martha Smurf, gaining a following of teens, grossing $325M domestic. However with a more fun/crowdpleaser/family friendly looking marketing approach and the box office potential of Foreign Accent Smurfette, even with bad reviews JL should breakout OW, however not expecting much from legs due dealing with Coco next weekend and the combo of Star Wars, Ferdinand and Jumanji should hurt its late legs.

Wonder

$15M/$60M (4x)

Seems like the type of movie to benefit a lot from holiday buzz.

Edited by YourMother
  • Like 3