Beginning on August 1, 2017 all free accounts will have the same avatar size as all paid accounts. This means you will be able to upload larger avatars on that day if you have a free account and this will no longer be a paid perk.

Fancyarcher

Best Original Score 2017

Any predicts on what's gonna get nominated for best original score this year? Not really sure right now, Williams for The Last Jedi is the only one I'm predicting currently. 

http://www.thewrap.com/new-oscars-rules-knock-multi-part-documentaries-like-oj-made-america/

Also the academy has changed its rules on the score voting process, so now scores written by three or more "equally contributing composers" can get nominated. Of course if the academy had followed this rule consistently something like The Last Emperor with three credited composers wouldn't have best original score prior. 

Edited by Fancyarcher

Zimmer for Dunkirk. i think maybe Desplat for the Del Toro movie. maybe johnny greenwood if he's working on the PTA. the academy has been getting a bit more interesting here recently with stuff like Mica Levi and Arcade Fire getting nominated so he could finally be let in.

Edited by CoolioD1

Zimmer for Dunkirk is pretty much a given. I'm not sure Greenwood will get nominated though, unless Paul Thomas Anderson's latest film surprises in terms of nominations, which is a possibility given that he's working with Day-Lewis again, though.

Edited by Fancyarcher

Carter Burwell's score for Wonderstruck is getting much praise. apparently much of the movie is silent and the music does a lot of the heavy lifting. seems like it could be a frontrunner.

Blade Runner 2049

Darkest Hour

Dunkirk

The Last Jedi

Wonderstruck

Alt.: untitled PTA

• Like 1

On May 18, 2017 at 9:04 AM, Jake Gittes said:

Blade Runner 2049

Darkest Hour

Dunkirk

The Last Jedi

Wonderstruck

Alt.: untitled PTA

I'd say that this is a pretty good prediction

• Like 1

Newman will get in for Victor and Abdul.

Williams will be nominated for The Papers instead of Star Wars.

dunkirk

mother or blade runner, one of the johannssons.

the papers

shape of water

wonderstruck

I dunno if The Papers is gonna have anything worth nominating. Didn't stop them with regards to Williams before, but I think Last Jedi will be a better candidate to satisfy their hard-on for him. 

I'll stick with my earlier prediction but throw out Darkest Hour for the PTA and add Shape of Water as the alternate. 

he'll probably get nominated for both lbr. my dude got in for the book thief (yeah, that BFG snub is still weird).

though hopefully with shit like moonlight and jackie and stuff like that getting in here, i think this branch might move towards more interesting, non-traditional scores, kinda like how i think the rest of the academy is slowly sorta moving in that direction.

• Like 1

On 7/26/2017 at 9:34 PM, El Panda Machos said:

Dunkirk will be fine, as that's not a significant enough portion of the score.

The academy also made that recent rule that allowed scores with more then one composer to be nominated.

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 1