kayumanggi

ADRIFT | STX | Shailene Woodley, Sam Claflin....June 1st...trailer page 2...based on a true story

I'll go ahead and say it. I can probably squeeze my pointer finger and thumb together to help explain how close I was to making a thread that would've had Adrift topping its debut weekend over Solo's second weekend. But I really don't think it can break out quite that much, not with the reviews it's getting. I'd love to be pleasantly surprised and see Adrift put up a good fight; I can see this film catching the interest of quite a few moviegoers.

Edited by Slambros

By god is Woodley acting her ass off. Thank Goodness she left those Divergent movies behind her and moved on to bigger and more mature roles such as “Big Little Lies” where she delivered a brilliant performance alongside all these experienced actresses. Between those Divergent films and “Big Little Lies” you can see her growth as a powerful actress and it shows in “Adrift” where she is (both literally and figuratively) steering the ship with her performance. She’s not this glamorous heroine who has to save the world, but a woman who tragically must overcome the events she went through in order to save herself.

FULL REVIEW: https://rendyreviews.com/movies//adrift-review

• Like 1