MERRY CHRISTMAS AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS!

MCKillswitch123

You look HELA good, Cate - Thor: Ragnarok 130M+ OW club - Sorta close, but no cigar....

Out,still way out.  Reviews aren't going to get many more people into the theater.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The Last baumer said:

Out,still way out.  Reviews aren't going to get many more people into the theater.

Honestly, and this may sound like a cop out but I refuse to abandon ship until all hope is lost, I'm not very confident about this new club. The original plan was over 100M OW, and it was created shortly after the 1st teaser dropped, long before it broke Disney's trailer views record or before people actually considered a Thor threequel as a 100M opener in the 1st place... but public uproar about making it "bold" and "immortal" turned me towards this way :P

Look, I will be the 1st to stand up and happily congratulate the movie on anything over 110M. This is Thor 3, after all, and it doesn't have a Civil War type of massive mega event attraction to it. Though it does deserve to make a lot of money, as it is a very good movie. If it does make 130M+, that's just a big bonus to add to my ego :ph34r:

Edited by MCKillswitch123

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Honestly, and this may sound like a cop out but I refuse to abandon ship until all hope is lost, I'm not very confident about this new club.... but public uproar about making it "bold" and "immortal" turned me towards this way :P

Look, I will be the 1st to stand up and happily congratulate the movie on anything over 110M. This is Thor 3, after all, and it doesn't have a Civil War type of massive mega event attraction to it. Though it does deserve to make a lot of money, as it is a very good movie. If it does make 130M+, that's just a big bonus to add to my ego :ph34r:

What you have going for you is that the other third entries in the series increased massively.  Captain 3 and Iron 3 both opened in the 175 range.  So maybe this one sees a huge boost as well because Hulk and others are involved.  I personally have not liked the two Thor single films so maybe it is affecting my judgement.  But I just don't 50% surge in this one for opening weekend.  I didn't think it would do more than 100 mill opening weekend initially either and I'm board with that now, so who knows, maybe the light hearted nature of the film and the fact that it's just another Avengers kind of story, will appeal to the general audience. 

• Like 1

Top end of my range. 

I’m out. 

• Like 2

I'm OUT.  I wish you luck since the movie seems like it deserves a huge opening.  I just don't see that kinda opening in the cards after Thor 2's quality and reception issues...

I haven't seen anything that would suggest this is doing higher than SMH.  Going with 120M atm.   Out with the new goal. 

My prediction is $110-120M but I'm IN. Haven't had this much fun with a movie for years

I take it back. I was thinking with the wrong head but putting aside how much I wanna marry Valkryie and have 5 children with her

I have to say OUT.

Another day, another over predicted Marvel movie. There's no reason to believe this will open over Spider-Man Holdcoming and I think this will do great but people are vastly overestimating certain variables yet overestimating others. I'd say $115M. If this somehow manages to do more than 130M i'll drink burnt cow pee and upload it but THAT WON'T HAPPEN!

Out. My feeling is the same as it was months ago. About $110M sounds right.