Ezen Baklattan

SURV(IV)OR: Episode 5 - Faters Gonna Fate

Flying Cougars, I just have one quick piece of advice to pass on as we start our first week as a semi-new team.

Sure, the Sad Bens and the Kitschjobs have beaten us twelve years in a row. Sure, they're terrific athletes and movie predictors. They've got the best equipment money can buy. Hell, every team member they're sending over here has their own personal masseuse. Not masseur, masseuse.

But it doesn't matter.

Do you know that every Sad Ben and every Kitschjob has an electrocardiogram, blood and urine tests every 48 hours to see if there's any change in their physical and mental condition? Do you know that they use the most sophisticated training techniques from the Soviet Union, East and West Germany, and the newest movie predicting power Trindad-Tobago?

IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER. I TELL YOU, IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER! IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER! IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER!

(The Flying Cougars start chanting along) IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER! IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER!

And even... even if we win... if we win... HAH! EVEN IF WE WIN! Even if we predict so far over our heads that our noses bleed for a week to ten days! Even if God in Heaven above comes down and points His hand at our side of the field! Even if every man, woman, and child held hands together and prayed for us to win, it just wouldn't matter, because everyone really good looking would *still* go out with the Sad Bens and Kitschjobs because THEY'VE GOT ALL THE MONEY. It just doesn't matter if we win or lose! IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER!

(EVERYONE IS CHANTING!) IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER! IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER! IT JUST DOESN'T MATTER!

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 3

To all my Kitschjobs!

Good morning! In less than a day, predictors from here will join others from around the world! And you will be launching the biggest box office prediction in the area of mankind! Mankind... that word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences anymore. We will be united in our common interests. Perhaps it's fate that this week is the release of F8 of the Furious, and you will once again be predicting for our freedom! Not from tyranny, oppression or persecution, but from annihilation. We're fighting for our right to predict, to exist. And should we win the day, Box Office Survivor will no longer be known as a simple game, but the game when we declared in one voice "WE WILL NOT GO QUIETLY INTO THE NIGHT! WE WILL NOT VANISH WITHOUT A FIGHT!" We're going to live on! We're going to survive! Today, we celebrate our INDEPENDENCE!!!!!

Spoiler

:kitschjob: 

@Ethan Hunt @YourMother @elcaballero @That One Guy

• Like 4

@ChipMunky really sucks to see you go, although I knew from the start that this week was going to be brutal one way or another no matter the outcome. I feel like I should explain vaguely how the teams were picked. Rather than say the 3 of us taking turns picking someone like team captains picking a dodgeball team, we had to individually send in a list ranking each player. Then Wrath could get his first pick, then me, and chas, then it would go back up to wrath, but if his second pick was mine or chas' first pick then he would get his third pick. 

While I did not see their lists, in the example spaghetti showed us, it was possible for someone to be eliminated even if they averaged in the middle of the 13 rather than the bottom. I could have had someone as my #13 pick, but since someone else had them as their #1 that person is safe. And you were not on the bottom of my list :)

Spoiler

that honor goes to someone else :ph34r: either way, it was a super tough thing for me to do, as it really brings back memories of being picked last for everything circa grade 6 (middle/high school turned that around but still)

• Like 3

3 hours ago, DAJK said:

While I did not see their lists, in the example spaghetti showed us, it was possible for someone to be eliminated even if they averaged in the middle of the 13 rather than the bottom. I could have had someone as my #13 pick, but since someone else had them as their #1 that person is safe. And you were not on the bottom of my list :)

Not bottom of my list either. 

So really it was all just a simple case of wrath hating you Chip. :( 

You and your allies, should really ball up all that hate and betrayal you feel and hurl it exclusively in his direction :) 

53 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

I will now forever hate @Wrath

Thats cool. Might have to stand in line with that blood-oath of vengeance, but the nice thing about having enemies is that you never feel alone.

Not to put a damper on things, but you weren't even in my bottom 3. I was pretty shocked you were the one to go. But thats how it goes sometimes.

56 minutes ago, Eevin said:

Ladies and gentlemen, I present to you...

THE POUGHKEEPSIE STATE FLYING COUGARS!

@Wrath!

giphy.gif

@WrathOfHan!

tumblr_odmnv3pxjb1tqkn68o4_250.gif?w=640

@Goffe!

tenor.gif

@Arlborn!

tumblr_o8shpqcQhc1txl76io1_500.gif

and @Eevin!

vader-falls2.gif

Reveal hidden contents

Majestic! Did you see how I didn't spill my beer until like the 5th hit? Thats leadership!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Wrath said:

Thats cool. Might have to stand in line with that blood-oath of vengeance, but the nice thing about having enemies is that you never feel alone.

Not to put a damper on things, but you weren't even in my bottom 3. I was pretty shocked you were the one to go. But thats how it goes sometimes.

likely story

1 hour ago, ChipMunky said:

likely story

You can always trust me. I won't go out of my way to be an asshole, but I don't know you or care enough about your feelings to lie to you ;).

Edited by Wrath