Ezen Baklattan

THE THREAD OF THE FURIOUS: Friday #s (DHD, Pg 36) F8 45.5M, BB 6.6M, BATB 5.3M, Smurfs 2.9M, GIS 2.1M

The time has come.

One of the most awaited blockbusters of the year has arrived, featuring a band of Oscar-winning performers and filmmakers. All eyes are on this film when we see its gross. I'm talking, of course, about SPARK: A SPACE TAIL.

Image result for spark a space tail gif

I kid. I kid.

It's time for the eighth installment. The first without Paul Walker. The one with giant submarines. The one where Dom possibly betrays his family. With Imperator Furiosa as a nefarious computer hacker. The team-up of Helen Mirren, Jason Statham, and Vin Diesel at last. THE FATE OF THE FURIOUS has arrived. 

Will it hit $100m? What about China? How many people will like whore this weekend? Does anyone care about Gifted? Will The Boss Baby hold reigns over Belle again? Can The Smurfs save face? Will Kong do well enough so that I'm one step closer to revealing my darkest secret? How hilarious will GITS's drop be? Can The Lost City of Z shake up the limited box office ring? Will Tele finally learn to love La La Land? 

All these questions and more will be answered this weekend.

Image result for fate of the furious gif

Image result for fate of the furious gif

First, some ground rules.

DO NOT POST SPOILERS IN THIS THREADNOT EVEN SPOILERS UNDER SPOILER TAGS. This weekend, posting a spoiler can result in an immediate Box Office Discussion Forum ban. You will not be given a warning. This goes for all new releases usually but this is a huge weekend and we will not tolerate any spoilers what so ever for Fast and Furious. Basic impressions of the movie are allowed, as long as you don't go into specifics.

We're looking forward to a great weekend and we realize the over-excitement (or meltdowns) can cause the thread to go off topic. We will be allowing everyone to post freely as long as the off topic discussions don't go overboard. We all like talking about Finnish pizza, whether Ethan is back together with his girlfriend, and whether it's better to live in the icy and frigid Northeast or in balmy, sunny California, but please try your best to stick to box office numbers for the weekend. However, as long as discussions are film related, we'll be a bit more generous with off-topic enforcement. For everything else, the CC thread exists for good reason.

With that, have fun, don't be an a-hole, and get ready for an awesome weekend!

Family is forever. <3

UPDATE ~4pm Pacific Time:

6 hours ago, cax16 said:

Midnight pacific update

1.) The Fate of the Furious (UNI), 4,310 theaters / $45.5M Fri. (includes $10.4M previews) /3-day cume: $100.1M /Wk 1

2.) The Boss Baby (20thCentury Fox/DWA), 3,743 theaters (-86)  / $6.6M Fri. (-5%) / 3-day cume: $16.4m (-38%)/ Total: $117.1M/Wk 3

3.) Beauty and the Beast (DIS), 3,592 theaters (-377)  / $5.3M Fri. (-22%)   / 3-day cume: $13.8M (-42%) / Total cume: $454.8M/ Wk 5

4.) Smurfs: The Lost Village (Sony), 3,610 theaters / $2.9M Fri. (-29%) /3-day cume: $7.4M (-44%)/Total: $25.6M/Wk 2

5.) Going in Style (WB/VR), 3,076 theaters (+15) / $2.1M Fri. (-49% )/3-day cume: $6.9M  (-43%)/Total: $23.9M/Wk 2

6.) Saban’s Power Rangers (LGF), 2,171 theaters  (-807) / $1M Fri. (-36%)/ 3-day cume: $3.2M (-48%) / Total cume: $80.9M / Wk 4

7/8) Gifted (FSL), 1146 theaters (+1090) / $1M Fri. (+600%)/3-day cume: $3M (+586%)/Total: $4.4M/Wk 2

The Case for Christ (Pureflix), 1,386 theaters (+212) / $1M Fri. (-35%)/3-day cume: $3M(-23%) /Total:$8.7M/Wk 2

9.) Kong: Skull Island (20th/Legendary), 2,018 theaters (-735) / $871K Fri.(-43%) 3-day cume: $2.5M (-55%)Total cume: $161.1M Wk 6

10.) Ghost in the Shell (PAR/DWA/REL), 2,135  theaters (-1305) / $786K Fri. (-63%) / 3-day cume: $2.3M  (-68%)/Total: $37M/Wk 3

NOTABLES:

Manje Bistre  (WHP), 65 theaters / $200K Fri./$9k PTA/3-day cume: $585k/Wk 1

Colossal (NEON), 100 theaters (+96) / $141k Fri.(+212%)/$K screen average/ 3-day cume: $408K (+239%)/$4k PTA/Total: $528K/Wk 2

Their Finest (STX/Europa), 52 theaters (+48) / $110k Fri.(+470%)/$6,3k screen average/ 3-day cume: $328k (+330%) /Total: $442K/Wk 2 

Tommy’s Honour (RSA), 160 theaters / $63K Fri./3-day cume: $165k/Wk 1

The Lost City of Z  (BST/AMZ), 4 theaters / $29K Fri./$20,8k PTA/3-day cume: $83k/Wk 1

Norman  (SPC), 5 theaters / $23K Fri./$12,5k PTA/3-day cume: $63k/Wk 1

• Like 13

We're looking forward to a great weekend and we realize the over-excitement (or meltdowns) can cause the thread to go off topic. We will be allowing everyone to post freely as long as the off topic discussions don't go overboard. We all like talking about Finnish pizza, whether Ethan is back together with his girlfriend, and whether it's better to live in the icy and frigid Northeast or in balmy, sunny California, but please try your best to stick to box office numbers for the weekend. 

This was copied from another weekend megathread. SAD!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Spaghetti of 1000 Planets said:

DO NOT POST SPOILERS IN THIS THREADNOT EVEN SPOILERS UNDER SPOILER TAGS. This weekend, posting a spoiler can result in an immediate Box Office Discussion Forum ban. You will not be given a warning. This goes for all new releases usually but this is a huge weekend and we will not tolerate any spoilers what so ever for Star Wars. Basic impressions of the movie are allowed, as long as you don't go into specifics. If you wish to discuss the movie with spoilers, feel free to use the ROGUE ONE Spoiler Thread HERE.

Also nice copy paste :ph34r: 

• Like 1

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

We're looking forward to a great weekend and we realize the over-excitement (or meltdowns) can cause the thread to go off topic. We will be allowing everyone to post freely as long as the off topic discussions don't go overboard. We all like talking about Finnish pizza, whether Ethan is back together with his girlfriend, and whether it's better to live in the icy and frigid Northeast or in balmy, sunny California, but please try your best to stick to box office numbers for the weekend. 

This was copied from another weekend megathread. SAD!

Remember that I'm writing your Survivor character.....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

So guys, how do we plan to derail the thread for 80 pages this time?

Moderation Note: Derailments will not be allowed. Thread will be locked and cleaned at the first sign of any derailment.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Since we all know @MrPinkwill be likewhoring like crazy. Here is the Bingo for this weekend ("See You Again" is a stand-in for the Soundtrack, you can mark it down as complete already)

Wct11Bt.png

:sparta:

I've been clear that Fast Five is the best tho.

• Like 1

Just now, Blankments said:

Tonight I return to La Familia to see F8.

Naturally, I'm back here too, with my true familia. It's been a long time without you my friends, and I'll tell you about it since I see you again.

The prodigal son has returned.

• Like 5

Just now, Blankments said:

Tonight I return to La Familia to see F8.

Naturally, I'm back here too, with my true familia. It's been a long time without you my friends, and I'll tell you about it since I see you again.

Did you ever go on that date with the Bumble chick?

Oh, and we need to discuss Split. Boy.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

Since we all know @MrPinkwill be likewhoring like crazy. Here is the Bingo for this weekend

Wct11Bt.png

In this family, our hairlines aren't very good, but we must remember that Tokyo Drift was the best, since Lucas Black is the only good actor of the series.  Fast and Furiousa, amiright?  also trailer needed more kashmir.  

1481551198-ffff.gif

KUJQz59.gif

• Like 1