Ezen Baklattan

THE THREAD OF THE FURIOUS: Friday #s (DHD, Pg 36) F8 45.5M, BB 6.6M, BATB 5.3M, Smurfs 2.9M, GIS 2.1M

2 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

So a live cam of F8 showed up in my YouTube recommendations. I clicked it just to see if it was legit and there was over 31,500 people watching. It boggles my mind that many people would watch some shitty low quality cam rather than watch it in theaters. 

Why is that so surprising when people will tackle each other to get a good deal or something for free?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

American war films are a pretty safe bet would you agree or no?

Only when they have big stars (Lone Survivor, Fury, American Sniper) or are Oscar contenders (Hacksaw Ridge). The rest usually underperform or flop. All eyes will be on Dunkirk this summer, which is banking entirely on Nolan's drawing power from behind the camera since starpower in front is minimal.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

So a live cam of F8 showed up in my YouTube recommendations. I clicked it just to see if it was legit and there was over 31,500 people watching. It boggles my mind that many people would watch some shitty low quality cam rather than watch it in theaters. 

It's up to 50k now :jeb!: The movie's almost over though :lol: The video is decent quality tbh

Edited by WrathOfHan

6 minutes ago, damnitgeorge08 said:

For me the biggest surprises of this decade are 

JW

ZOOTOPIA

AMERI. SNIPER

GET OUT

DEADPOOL

AVENGERS

I'd add The Intouchables' OS run. Top 3 for sure, if not #1.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, GiantCALBears said:

Why is that so surprising when people will tackle each other to get a good deal or something for free?

Yeah but those deals or getting something for free (most of the time) is legal. This is stealing. 

• Like 1

$532M Worldwide Opening for FF8 is very, very, very huge! :D

Imagine how the next two FF-films or Jurassic World 2 would open with a massive OS & China opening? Universal knows how to markets some of their biggest franchises. The sky's the limit for those upcoming movies. :lol:

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, PDC1987 said:

Missing the point. (Likely purposely.) GO had no reason to be a blockbuster pre-release.

I had it at most grossing 40-50 million domestic. After seeing it I was very glad to be wrong.

Edited by Rman823
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Yeah okay dude.

I don't think my jaw will ever hot the floor again because of box office the way it did when I saw the American Sniper Friday numbers

I was on my way to my French 10 class when Rth showed up with the mid-day Friday number for AS. I had to sit down a minute when I saw them.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, eXtacy said:

The foreign number is also suspect I think to get biggest global opening haha. Oh wow I have not seen this fudging since that Transformers movie.

Universal adopting franchise philosophy

• Like 2

Confidence in GO was always low and was still spotty until we saw that 2nd weekend drop.

Even when it looked like GO was really going to be something special and $30m+ predicts started coming, there was still a very vocal crowd saying "don't get ahead of yourselves! You're buying into the hype!"

• Like 3

Since I started following box office in 2012, the biggest surprises for me were (in chronological order but AS probably #1)

Skyfall

acclaimed science-fiction film Gravity

Frozen

Lego Movie

GOTG

Maze Runner (OS in particular and it's legs)

American Sniper

Furious 7

Jurassic World

Deadpool

Daddy's Home

Split

Get Out

• Like 4