Ezen Baklattan

THE THREAD OF THE FURIOUS: Friday #s (DHD, Pg 36) F8 45.5M, BB 6.6M, BATB 5.3M, Smurfs 2.9M, GIS 2.1M

4 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

No.

Yes and no

74% of schools were off yesterday according to Deadline. Also its a National holiday in Canada.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jandrew said:

It's the obligatory "what trailers did everyone get?" 

I had to buy 2 tickets so I was a cheapass and did the smallest theater in town...yeah only got Mummy and Atomic Blonde. Was pretty sour about it. 

Mummy, Atomic Blonde, Spider-Man, Baywatch, and War for the Planet of the Apes

4 minutes ago, 2 Panda 2 Furious said:

I'm still not sure why people were predicting 300m+ for this movie in the first place.

Exactly.

• Like 3

Just now, baumer said:

Exactly.

Yeah, this is on par (or better) than Furious 6.  F7 was an anomaly for multiple reasons.  There's no reason anyone outside this movie's original base was going to see this one like they did for F7.

I would imagine outside of Dwayne Johnson and Vin Diesel the other cast members have to be making at least two or three million a movie with Prophet points. But I'm completely guessing and I have no idea.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

I wonder if most the main Fast/Furious cast make enough from the series to retire outside the franchise.

Im not sure if it was just me but I honestly felt the entire rest of the cast was absolutely painful outside of Dwayne Johnson, Jason Statham, and Vin Diesel. Well and Charlize was good, I just mean the rest of the "crew" was just... bad. Cheesy, stereotypical, and trying too hard. Thankfully the real A listers saved the movie. 

22 minutes ago, 2 Panda 2 Furious said:

I'm still not sure why people were predicting 300m+ for this movie in the first place.

Agreed.

Furious 7 is the Avengers of the series. Sequels won't be able to beat Furious 7 domestic grosses. So, drops are expected.

• Like 2