kayumanggi

GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY II | 473.9 M overseas ● 863.8 M worldwide

4 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

This is gonna be frontloaded for sure. I dont see it play well in china as well. I saw it in Singapore and it was empty on its OD. I dont see it come close to Cap 3 in asia.

My prediction is 500m OS at this point and 330m domestic for 830m WW.

Is this because you didn't like the film....or is it that you prefer it not doing huge? I'm sensing a bit of wishful thinking here. I think both.

It might do a lot better than you think.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Is this because you didn't like the film....or is it that you prefer it not doing huge? I'm sensing a bit of wishful thinking here. I think both.

I dont have a preference. Its a prediction. Definitely there is a bias because I have seen the movie. But there is nothing wishful as I dont have any stake here.

• Like 2

I do not know where it can land, but some months ago I was very sure this would fly over 1 billion with ease, and not I am not so sure. First data are not specially impressive and Chinese presales do not seem too good in that sense. And considering this will be a way more frontloaded film than first one, unless something strange happens, I am not too optimistic about a huge increase.

41 minutes ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Question: Why do you accuse someone of being biased when they don't have high box office expectations?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

This is gonna be frontloaded for sure. I dont see it play well in china as well. I saw it in Singapore and it was empty on its OD. I dont see it come close to Cap 3 in asia.

My prediction is 500m OS at this point and 330m domestic for 830m WW.

i saw the 8pm show at shaw waterway and it was packed...of course all screens are of small capacity

25 minutes ago, YourMother said:

Question: Why do you accuse someone of being biased when they don't have high box office expectations?

Look, I'm not accusing someone, alright? It's just that whenever someone or some people hates/dislikes a certain blockbuster or so.....they mostly assume that said movie will do lower than expected, because they can't understand what makes a movie that they don't like, a huge success or good/appealing movie to another group of people.

It's like the Transformers-movies. Yes, they technically didn't have good reception from the audience and technically not great movies (except for the first one), but they did great at the box office, no matter how much people hated the sequels. Granted, China helped those movies, but i won't blame them for that.

And the Guardians-franchise is a much better received franchise with more colorful characters and an appealing.

I know it won't do Avengers-numbers, but for one to say that it doesn't deserve large numbers at all....it's bonkers.

Edited by MrFanaticGuy34
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Look, I'm not accusing someone, alright? It's just that whenever someone or some people hates/dislikes a certain blockbuster or so.....they mostly assume that said movie will do lower than expected, because they can't understand what makes a movie that they don't like, a huge success or good/appealing to another group of people.

Still with current exchange rates thinking $850M-$900M is fair. US should do around $350M, from current data, China will bring about $100M-$120M (remember it has a lot of competition in China), France is staying flat from the first, AUS and Italy have increased.

Not doing less than the first one would already be huge, let alone 800, 850m+

With the exchange rate drop since the first one release (that released just just before the drop) and China that stopping to grow, sequel will not automatically grow when they tended to do between 2013-2015 when they made a shift to 3d and took advantage of exploding growing market

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 1

Just saw the film. It was good. Around the first one for me. Laughed a lot..

Never have been the biggest fan of GOTG but they are worth seeing no doubt..

3,5/5 for me

• Like 1

5 hours ago, fabiopazzo2 said:

Guys this is not Avengers film, 900M for me is great  ^^ 

Sure. $900m is a great gross. I do not discuss it. It is just that GotG is, by far, my favorite MCU film. I wanted this to be big. Maybe I expected too much...

• Like 1

FRIDAY AM UPDATE #2: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 continues its international roll-out as it opened in an additional 17 material markets yesterday bringing its international gross to an estimated $22.3 million. We will be updating individual territory charts once the weekend has concluded, but for now here's the breakdown:

• Australia - $6.2M
  • France - $2.7M
  • Italy - $2.0M
  • Germany - $1.5M
  • Brazil - $1.2M
  • New Zealand - $1.1M
  • Philippines - $1.1M
  • Indonesia - $0.9M
  • Thailand - $0.7M
  • Sweden - $0.6M
  • Taiwan - $0.6M
  • Netherlands - $0.5M
  • Other markets - $3.2M

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 continues its roll out this weekend with openings in the UK, Spain, Mexico, Turkey, Vietnam, Venezuela and Ecuador today.

• Like 7

21 minutes ago, Finnick said:

FRIDAY AM UPDATE #2: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 continues its international roll-out as it opened in an additional 17 material markets yesterday bringing its international gross to an estimated $22.3 million. We will be updating individual territory charts once the weekend has concluded, but for now here's the breakdown:

• Australia - $6.2M
  • France - $2.7M
  • Italy - $2.0M
  • Germany - $1.5M
  • Brazil - $1.2M
  • New Zealand - $1.1M
  • Philippines - $1.1M
  • Indonesia - $0.9M
  • Thailand - $0.7M
  • Sweden - $0.6M
  • Taiwan - $0.6M
  • Netherlands - $0.5M
  • Other markets - $3.2M

Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 continues its roll out this weekend with openings in the UK, Spain, Mexico, Turkey, Vietnam, Venezuela and Ecuador today.

that france's number looks good

http://deadline.com/2017/04/guardians-of-the-galaxy-vol-2-opening-international-box-office-1202077856/

UPDATE, FRIDAY: Zooming in 29 offshore markets, Disney/Marvel’s Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2 has amassed $22.3M at the international box office through Thursday.

-Australia currently leads offshore markets with $6.2M after bowing on Tuesday’s Anzac holiday. France, which chimed in on Wednesday, is at $2.7M; Italy (also a Tuesday bow) has plunked down $2M so far; Germany joined the fun yesterday with $1.5M; and Brazil also got in on the action Thursday with $1.2M.

The initial numbers have been bolstered by the Australia/New Zealand and Italy holiday Tuesdays, and the position versus comps will begin to clarify as more markets experience regular play. In the same hubs where GOTG2 is debuting this weekend, the first film grossed around $65M at current exchange rates. Thor: The Dark World bowed to $85.4M and Captain America: The Winter Soldier to $67.6M, also at today’s exchange. This one will go higher than all three (and it’s notable that in some markets, it’s opened bigger than Captain America: Civil War).

Here’s a look at how yesterday’s play breaks down:

-Germany‘s opening day was $1.5M at No. 1 with 66% market share for the 2nd biggest start of the year, behind Fate Of The Furious. That was 29% ahead of Guardians Of The Galaxy, 21% ahead of The Avengers and 30% ahead of Captain America: Civil War.

-Brazil‘s launch was $1.2M for No. 1 and a huge +95% on GOTG.

-The Netherlands blasted off to $500K, the No. 1 start of 2017 and the 2nd highest MCU opening day ever behind only Civil War (+83% vs GOTG).

-Taiwan grossed $600K for +78% on GOTG; Hong Kongwas $300K at 24% over GOTG; and Singapore also rocked in with $300K for 14% above GOTG.

-Austria took in $200K at No. 1; 2nd biggest MCU debut behind Iron Man 3; +51% on GOTG.

• Like 7