kayumanggi

VALERIAN AND THE CITY OF A THOUSAND PLANETS | 184.7 M overseas ● 225.9 M worldwide

2 hours ago, Elessar said:

How did it do?

May be due to the sheer number of distributors that makes reporting difficult...

or it did really bad and everyone involved are too embarrassed to report the numbers. 

I read somewhere on the main threads that it did 6.5 million from 16 markets that included Germany, Singapore, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Bulgaria, Czech, Israel and a few more. 

Edited by marveldcfox

23 minutes ago, thunder storm said:

19.785 adm. and $116k in Romania

big flop

Disgusting number. Should have done $200,000 MINIMUM. 

I think one thing is confirmed. This is a massive bomb everywhere. If European markets are doing so poorly ( i don't think it will do more than 9 million in Germany..10M MAX) then that tells you A LOT as to how it will do in Asian markets. China ain't saving this. I think $100M OS is max I can see it doing. Did Besson even bother to see whether the marketing is working or called up his distributors to check out how the marketing is? This is doing worse than even JA, Tarzan, Terminator genisys, IDR etc. I blame it all on the D-list repulsive leads. 

Edited by marveldcfox

16 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

I think one thing is confirmed. This is a massive bomb everywhere. If European markets are doing so poorly ( i don't think it will do more than 9 million in Germany..10M MAX) then that tells you A LOT as to how it will do in Asian markets. China ain't saving this. I think $100M OS is max I can see it doing. Did Besson even bother to see whether the marketing is working or called up his distributors to check out how the marketing is? This is doing worse than even JA, Tarzan, Terminator genisys, IDR etc. I blame it all on the D-list repulsive leads. 

How much do you think it will do in France? Should be it's biggest market I guess.

Even going fully optimistic in France and China, 150-200 OS + 50 Dom = 200-250 WW?

Holy shit that's low.

(Though your analysis tells me it's not doing 150-200 OS)

44 minutes ago, a2knet said:

How much do you think it will do in France? Should be it's biggest market I guess.

Even going fully optimistic in France and China, 150-200 OS + 50 Dom = 200-250 WW?

Holy shit that's low.

(Though your analysis tells me it's not doing 150-200 OS)

According to some French users, France isn't all that interested. They are not fond of the supposed changes Besson has made and the actors portraying the lead characters. Most optimistic predictions are 20M total. Basically less than half of Lucy. Its an out and out disaster.

Edited by marveldcfox
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, marveldcfox said:

The mummy opened with $146k there in Romania. Only $30k more than Valerian.
Valerian opened higher than The Mummy and Pacific Rim in Germany ($2.9M VS $2.3M VS $1.9M), and in # 1 in two Asian countries, Philippines and Thailand. So far, OS numbers are not horrible. You should to do a research before posting this crap nonsense. It's tiring to see these things.

Edited by alisson23
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, alisson23 said:

Valerian opened higher than The Mummy and Pacific Rim in Germany ($2.9M VS $2.3M VS $1.9M), and in # 1 in two Asian countries, Philippines and Thailand. So far, OS numbers are not horrible. You should to do a research before posting this crap nonsense. It's tiring to see these things.

It released in Phillipines and Thailand?!! I thought it was only Singapore and Taiwan? How much did it gross in these asian markets?

2 hours ago, alisson23 said:

that's true. but, the mummy managed to do that without any help from the main theatre chain - cinema city (which represent at least 50% from market) 

if cinema city would have shown it, it would've made at least $1.2m, and over $350k in ow.