efialtes76

Monday Numbers:Fast 8 $8.5M...

4 minutes ago, Momo said:

Interesting.. I thought Kong would have overtaken PR on Monday. After PR droped below Kong on Sunday.

P.S. Also the first time PR drop was less then 70-60 percent on a Monday. lol

Easter Monday - many schools are out and PR skews young.

1 minute ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Logan is rated R and had a 97 million budget.

Will wait to see how much they will get from Louisiana, that number sound reasonable but it does show how it help to shoot in place like Louisiana, Logan had a 126.5 million gross production, that would be a nice 23.3% rebate from the gross, it was also very heavy on the product placement (a bit much on the corn flakes shot, a bit much too on the cars but nicely done)

• Like 1

OK, this when I start to get a wee bit excited about Gifted maybe showing some WOM powered legs and maybe becoming FS's biggest film since Brooklyn (not hard) .  It had a great Friday jump, a very good Easter internal multiplier and a nice Easter Monday drop.  It's PTA on Monday is just $12 less than Thursday. 

JOa24dzaUbi+jlbwfEImuInqMbcN59aOwvV1tIKT

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Yeah, this is going to have some shit legs. I don't see how it drops under 60% this weekend.

Luckily it doesn't have any competition the next 2 weekends. I can see it dropping 55% this weekend

9 minutes ago, BoilingHotCoffee said:

For F8, I predict...

Domestic:        $215 million

International:   $916 million

Worldwide:      $1.131 million

And I thought Transformers 4 and Pirates 4 were lopsided billion dollar movies. That would be crazy.

I really want to know how this is tracking overseas minus China, though. The overseas opening was such that I'm wondering why the overseas gross wouldn't hit $1B. Even without China the opening was pretty much on par with F7. It didn't experience the severe drop it did here in NA.

Let's say China reaches $400M, which would be a small increase over F7 based on the small increase of the opening weekend. F7 did $773M overseas minus China. All it would have to get is $600M this time around to reach  $1B overseas.

Edited by JB33

Easter Monday drop comparisons:

G.I Joe 2: 53%

Furious 7: 57.7%

Batman V Superman: 55.5%

F8: 60.4%

Same drops/increases as Furious 7 from now on would give F8 a $36m second weekend, a 64% drop.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JB33 said:

And I thought Transformers 4 and Pirates 4 were lopsided billion dollar movies. That would be crazy.

I really want to know how this is tracking overseas minus China, though. The overseas opening was such that I'm wondering why the overseas gross wouldn't hit $1B. Even without China the opening was pretty much on par with F7. It didn't experience the severe drop it did here in NA.

Let's say China reaches $400M, which would be a small increase over F7 based on the small increase of the opening weekend. F7 did $773M overseas minus China. All it would have to get is $600M this time around to reach  $1B overseas.

Oversea Batman V Superman opening last year was of 256.5 million, 47.2% of is 542.9 million total.

Fast 8 made a giant amount 432.3 million but it is rare that a movie open absolutely everywhere like it did, Batman V Superman being an other rare example of that.

If it has the same legs has BvS it would miss the billion by a good amount, 432.3 / 0.472 = 915.9 million

But BvS did fall hard in some market like China making it possible for Fast 8 to do it, but it is really not a lock imo, it could be really frontloaded in some market including is biggest one China.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Oversea Batman V Superman opening last year was of 256.5 million, 47.2% of is 542.9 million total.

Fast 8 made a giant amount 432.3 million but it is rare that a movie open absolutely everywhere like it did, Batman V Superman being an other rare example of that.

If it has the same legs has BvS it would miss the billion by a good amount, 432.3 / 0.472 = 915.9 million

But BvS did fall hard in some market like China making it possible for Fast 8 to do it, but it is really not a lock imo, it could be really frontloaded in some market including is biggest one China.

This is a good point. In a number of developing markets, the trend has shifted to bigger openings but decreased legs. 

1 hour ago, JB33 said:

It's OS-China 5-day OW breakdown was approx,

85 (Wed-Thu) + 155 (FSS) = 240 

Using 2.5x multi (85+155*2.5) gives 470 OS-China and 3x gives 550 OS-China.

Which would give an OS range of 870-950.

I don't think 3x multi, even off the 3-day OW is likely. Feel that OS will be closer to 900.

Edit: GOTG2's early OS start could have a negative impact on F8's 900 OS prospects.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 2