efialtes76

Monday Numbers:Fast 8 $8.5M...

1 minute ago, Valonqar said:

This. if BatB had the luxury of soft holidya drops it would have smashed 500M. As it is, it'll fall short of it because of the time of the year. Not that March isn't lucrative for openers but different rules apply for holds/legs. 

Still has a good chance at $500m. Drive-in double features with Guardians of the Galaxy will help, plus the dollar theater run. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, a2knet said:

Agree. I don't see F8 past 1.160b (235 dom + 925 os) and can't see BATB below that.

BATB had 15.6 OS weekend and 13.7 dom weekend for 1.045b.

So current markets including dom will take it to 1.045 + 25 dom + 30 OS-Japan = 1.1b.

Japan will take it past 1.160b.

Although I'm leaning towards these legs for FF8 more or less it's a little early to give nearly the same certainty level to it as we can give to batb's final gross. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I was reading the China forum, and it seems FF8 might drop between 70/72% this weekend.

Hopefully this movie isn't a new BVS around the world...:(

Ew that sucks for F8 but great for BaTB so YAY.If it drops that much then it might not even reach F7 in China and 900M OS.Starting next week Guardians will start cutting in F8's audience.Hell even Guardians kight suffer from it some there is overlap between the audiences of the two movies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I was reading the China forum, and it seems FF8 might drop between 70/72% this weekend.

Hopefully this movie isn't a new BVS around the world...:(

It would drop that hard if it followed F7's pattern but as of Wed it's dropping much harder.  Super saturating screens (30k out of 44k) has that kind of affect.

Edited by TalismanRing
  • Like 1