grim22

The 15:17 to Paris | Feb 9 2018 | You're probably sick of this trailer.

30 minutes ago, John Marston said:

People also said Sully didn't need to be told and didn't have enough material for a movie and it ended up being a strong hit 

Oh, I think this can be a hit, I just don't think it's in society's best interest.

• Like 2

On 7/11/2017 at 1:34 PM, WrathOfHan said:

That could either be genius or an absolute disaster.

Man, how often do we agree completely?:)

It will guarantee a certain baseline audience...and they were probably cheap to cast...and it gets the movie instant publicity and social media talking...so as a business decision, it's probably wise as heck.  And it could be that one of the 3 can act, so that one becomes a main focus... 

It could also be an unmitigated wooden disaster...

I guess we'll see when the trailers start coming b/c those will give us an instant clue...

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ChipMunky said:

I just think it's a little annoying how we keep portraying Islam as the only terrorists. 

I think that's a bit of an annoying trope, too, to be honest. Though there have been some non-terrorist Muslims in film before. There's been The Big Sick, Persepolis, American Sniper (which had many different Muslim characters, some of which weren't terrorists), and others.

It's a tricky situation because, on one hand, film should take measures to portray Muslims as things other than terrorists. On the other hand, film should display the reality that bad apple extremists really are out there plotting against innocent people.

But you don't have to worry about this for too long; Marvel is going to adapt their Kamala Khan character to film or TV in some or another sometime in the future. It's a given.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

This pits the film against Fifty Shades Freed (bleh), Peter Rabbit (bleh), and The Hurricane Heist (Entertainment Studios). While the next weekend has the obvious threat of Black Panther to contend with, this is in a nice position to counter-program nonetheless, kind of like American Sniper did.

I guess the important thing in this release date situation is that the filmmakers realized that they needed more time to make the film a great one, rather than a rushed one. Top notch filmmakers should never have Oscars as their number one incentive anyways; I doubt Clint Eastwood had his mind on the Oscar when he made the decision to make this film.

In other words, they made a mature decision that points towards a palpable quality of their film. I look forward to seeing the finished product.

• Like 1

On 12/07/2017 at 10:40 PM, ChipMunky said:

I just think it's a little annoying how we keep portraying Islam as the only terrorists. 

Its true america are far worse to be fair 😂. America/britain can bomb innocent people all day long whilst we turn a blind eye but as soon as we are attacked, they apparently are the bad guys? 😂

Lets have a war on terror, even though war creates terror 😂

Edited by Mrwick

On 13/07/2017 at 3:40 AM, slambros said:

I think that's a bit of an annoying trope, too, to be honest. Though there have been some non-terrorist Muslims in film before. There's been The Big Sick, Persepolis, American Sniper (which had many different Muslim characters, some of which weren't terrorists), and others.

It's a tricky situation because, on one hand, film should take measures to portray Muslims as things other than terrorists. On the other hand, film should display the reality that bad apple extremists really are out there plotting against innocent people.

But you don't have to worry about this for too long; Marvel is going to adapt their Kamala Khan character to film or TV in some or another sometime in the future. It's a given.

I may be in the minority but I thought AS was a bloody awful film and I could have predicted who directed it without knowing.

Not expecting any less confederalism with this movie.

• Like 1