grim22

The 15:17 to Paris | Feb 9 2018 | You're probably sick of this trailer.

Just now, EmpireCity said:

It also isn't good that Sully looks like Mad Max: Fury Road compared to this movie in terms of action.  

Just curious, how is the acting other than the leads? The kid from Wonder/Dog's Purpose has been pretty solid in what I've seen him in at least

• Like 1

11 hours ago, The Shape of Pasta said:

A TRUE STORY

THE REAL HEROES

This is such an awkward phasing I can't help but laugh.

The awkward thing is, how Eastwood sells the sory as a story of American Heroes, while it really was a story of international cooperation. 

On 29/01/2018 at 4:59 AM, DAJK said:

Damn that's unfortunate, especially for someone who has made as many great films as Eastwood. Sad to think that every film he does may be his last, and it would suck if the last one is a stinker. 

Was hoping he'd keep up his good streak, and be 3 for 3

Given how much money American Sniper alone made along with Sully, WB will let Eastwood make whatever he wants. 

Wonder what the budget was? Can't be more than $20-30m, maybe $40m at a push and at 94 minutes, he managed to make a film even shorter than Sully. 

Eastwood's next potential project The Mule sounds a lot more promising and it's likely he'll star in it which would be his first acting role in 7 years. 

• Like 2

Yes, it's only one opinion but still nice to hear ;).
I read that he casted the real people but had completely forgotten it when I watched the trailer today (very solid IMO and not too boring as I read here sometimes but of course I only watched it two or three times) and I didn`t become aware of it. I'm curious how good/mixed/bad the reviews will be because with fine reviews or at least decent ones this film could also exceed expectations IMO. I`m really unsure where to place it OW. On the one hand that the reviews will be published not before Wednesday(?) is not a too good sign, OTOH Sully had an 35M OW and 12 Strong also catched almost 16M OW three weekends ago.
By the way, my mom, a big Clint Eastwood fan, said that she plans to see it in theaters, if this is any indicator ;).

• Like 1

The embargo has lifted. So far we have one negative review from Financial Times but pretty good reviews from the normally very strict reviewers in France. Maybe because it plays mainly there ;). From allocine.fr:
2/5 Le Parisien
3/5 Le Dauphiné Libéré
4/5 LCI
4/5 Femme Actuelle
4/5 Closer
4/5 20 Minutes

• Like 2

Eastwood re-enacts the incident, shooting it in a conventionally forceful and exciting hair-trigger hand-held moment-of-truth style, breaking it into dramatic pieces and circling back to it throughout the film. 

GOD FUCKING DAMMIT! 

I brought up the possibility of the train sequence being Sully'd in the CCT the other day. FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

• Like 1