kayumanggi

HAPPY DEATH DAY | 10.13.17 | Universal

2 minutes ago, The Last baumer said:

Not a bad effort.  Not scary.  No real violence on screen but a good time nonetheless and a star making performance, imo, from Jessica Rothe.

Her performance was great, indeed. She gives a performance full of energy and charisma, Tree is already an icon when it comes to heroines in Horror movies. 

• Like 2

I loved this movie. Despite being a horror movie it was light and fun and Rothe absolutely nailed it. She is a much better actress than you usually see in low budget horror.

I hope we see a lot more of Rothe in the future, I'm definitely a fan now. I'll definitely see this in theaters again.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Incarnadine said:

I loved this movie. Despite being a horror movie it was light and fun and Rothe absolutely nailed it. She is a much better actress than you usually see in low budget horror.

I hope we see a lot more of Rothe in the future, I'm definitely a fan now. I'll definitely see this in theaters again.

Glad that you liked and I agree with everything you said! 

I've just watched it. There were very few people at the theater, and that's surprising. It was less than half full. 

That being said, movie was really good and it had fun parts. Definitely predictable though. I did guess who was the killer, very early. Movie gives hints and that's what I liked about it. The main actress really sold the movie, her effort was awesome and it's easy to feel sorry for her character.

It's rated pg-13, BUT I think it worked at least for that movie. It's quite short and straight to the point, so this is a plus. 8/10

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

I've just watched it. There were very few people at the theater, and that's surprising. It was less than half full. 

That being said, movie was really good and it had fun parts. Definitely predictable though. I did guess who was the killer, very early. Movie gives hints and that's what I liked about it. The main actress really sold the movie, her effort was awesome and it's easy to feel sorry for her character.

It's rated pg-13, BUT I think it worked at least for that movie. It's quite short and straight to the point, so this is a plus. 8/10

Glad that you enjoyed it! I’m surprised that it wasn’t full, I went to watch it yesterday and it was sold out...

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Glad that you enjoyed it! I’m surprised that it wasn’t full, I went to watch it yesterday and it was sold out...

Probably frontloading, considering many people probably already watched it on holiday ( 12th ) and yesterday ( many people didn't work yesterday because of the holiday ). So, perhaps it did burn some demand.

Edited by Blaze Heatnix
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Probably frontloading, considering many people probably already watched it on holiday ( 12th ) and yesterday ( many people didn't work yesterday because of the holiday ). So, perhaps it did burn some demand.

It's actually been selling out almost as many shows tonight as it did yesterday around me so I'll be surprised if this ends up very frontloaded.

Also, @Mockingjay Raphael, you'll be happy to know I'm seeing this tomorrow evening. :)

• Like 1

Yeah it was a small crowd at the 7:45 pm showing I was at and the crowd barely reacted, but the next showing seemed to be selling ok as we were talking to the manager as he was at the ticket window.  I'm guessing this should do pretty good today and not drop too severely at all

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

It's actually been selling out almost as many shows tonight as it did yesterday around me so I'll be surprised if this ends up very frontloaded.

Also, @Mockingjay Raphael, you'll be happy to know I'm seeing this tomorrow evening. :)

I'm talking about the movie's performance here in Brazil. We got a holiday and Friday 13th. Obviously there'll be frontloading. 

6 hours ago, pretty reckless said:

USA is so strange, we could go to +18 movies at 11 year old lol i remember i saw scream 2 at 11

You can buy an automatic weapon in the US but you can't see an R rated movie until you are 18.  :redcapes:

• Sad 1