kayumanggi

HAPPY DEATH DAY | 10.13.17 | Universal

41 minutes ago, That One Guy said:

Bunch of Letterboxd reviews are up.  Average is at 3.2/5 right now.

https://letterboxd.com/film/happy-death-day/reviews/by/activity/

Last time I looked it up on Letterboxed it was a bunch of poor reviews that just reviewed the trailer, doesn't seem fair if they are still.

12 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

Last time I looked it up on Letterboxed it was a bunch of poor reviews that just reviewed the trailer, doesn't seem fair if they are still.

Nope, they're from the recent screening. Several reviews mention the crowd cheering a specific moment

9 minutes ago, Alli said:

This will breakout big time. I'm tempted to make an OVER 100M club. is it too crazy?

I could be wrong too, but this feels like something that will become a crowd-pleasing hit. Don't know if it will be that big (100 million) of a hit, but I can see a 60-70-million dollar run, which would be absolutely awesome for a film that allegedly cost 5 million. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alli said:

This will breakout big time. I'm tempted to make an OVER 100M club. is it too crazy?

I’ve been saying this for a while: this is going to mimic Annabelle: Creation’s run, an OW in the mid $30m, plus, good legs during Halloween that will push the total close to $100m. It is going to be the first choice among teens during this month, I also wouldn’t be surprised if it makes in the OW more than the total of Jigsaw.

Edited by Mockingjay Raphael

1 hour ago, Cochofles said:

I could be wrong too, but this feels like something that will become a crowd-pleasing hit. Don't know if it will be that big (100 million) of a hit, but I can see a 60-70-million dollar run, which would be absolutely awesome for a film that allegedly cost 5 million. 

If this is a crowd pleaser, then I can see it touching a 3.0x multiple. Despite being a piece of shit, Ouija got a strong 2.6x thanks to Halloween alone, HDD can be an event for teens. 

Edited by Mockingjay Raphael