Eevin

A Really Boring Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates: F8 38.7M | Boss Baby 12.8M | Beauty and the Beast 10M | everything else bombing terribly

1 minute ago, Dragon said:

http://www.nickiswift.com/13138/hollywood-wont-cast-katherine-heigl-anymore/

Although if this was a guy, they'll get millions of chances. I mean woody Allen still works and he's child molester. There are way worst people in HW(mostly men) but still  get to work

$$ + Talent trump most bad behavior in Hollywood.  But when you stop making money you're vulnerable - you better be really talented to keep getting high profile work when people don't actually like you or working with you.

Even Russel Crowe spent time in the dog house when his bad behavior was no longer cushioned by big box office.  Ditto Val Kilmer.  Wesley Snipes's crazy ass got roles as long as his movies made money, now he does mostly DTV.   Alex Pettyfer set his career on fire with his bad behavior when he was handed it on a silver platter.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, Barnack said:

It would not surprise if it is completely different for Disney and their very huge documentary (that still do a lot for docs at the box office), but it is a genre that theater give very little back to the distributor anyway (except if you make a documentary on Micheal Jackson or if you were a prime Micheal Moore). I imagine that the audience tend to be small and not eat much pop-corn during them, making them uninteresting for theater chain.

Sony on a movie like Inside Job for example

Domestic Rental: 1.452 million (33.6% of is 4.32 million bo)

Intl rental: 1.344 million (37.8% of is 3.55 million ibo)

The money come from Netflix and other platform like that, it did 21.55 million in total revenue with a large 10 million profit, with 87% of the revenue made after theater.

The Disney more spectacle oriented doc are probably more theatrical affair thought and maybe they play more like regular movies, but they seem to be doing quite well for those kind of release.

March of the Penguins and Earth are the most successful nature docs and the latter was just Planet Earth the TV series re edited as a feature film. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Box Office Mojo says that The Promise is at 2,251 theaters this weekend, and Unforgettable is at 2,417, so the Oogieloves chart, a.k.a. Worst Opening Weekend in over 2,000 theaters, may get two new movies joining it this weekend.

Edited by Outrageous!

11 minutes ago, Alli said:

I think it's the movie choices. the rom-com, her forte, died and she didn't chose her next projects wisely

I was going to say, I'm not sure the Judd Apatow type of rom com like Knock Up didn't completely die. Trainwreck was a giant success, that was in 2015.

then I took a look at the-numbers genre stats:

http://www.the-numbers.com/market/genre/Romantic-Comedy

That a violent drop, I imagine there is a big combined reaction to this, many of the big rom-com star like Diaz, Bullock, Heigl, Witherspoon, Roberts, Renée Zellweger, Meg Ryan, etc... kind of faded or even retired of the genre, hurting it.

Also sometime successful rom-com like Trainwreck or Silver Lining playbook are not considered as such (explaining how drastic the fall of the genre on that the-numbers graph, from 6-7% to 1% of the market share in a short number of year's)

Just now, Dragon said:

What did Val Kilmer do?

“Even if I was directing a film called The Life of Val Kilmer, I wouldn’t have that prick in it.”  - Frankenheimer on the set of The Island of Dr Moreau

And that's a lot nicer than what Joel Shumacher said about him after working with him on Batman Forver. :lol:

• Like 8

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

$$ + Talent trump most bad behavior in Hollywood.  But when you stop making money you're vulnerable - you better be really talented to keep getting high profile work when people don't actually like you or working with you.

Even Russel Crowe spent time in the dog house when his bad behavior was no longer cushioned by big box office.  Ditto Val Kilmer.  Wesley Snipes's crazy ass got roles as long as his movies made money, now he does mostly DTV.   Alex Pettyfer set his career on fire with his bad behavior when he was handed it on a silver platter.

Most of them bounced back. She hasn't much. she tried last year with her tv show but it bounce.

Alex Pettyfer was just dumb. He burn bridges before he even made it. He was making demands like he was tom cruise lol

36 minutes ago, MrPink said:

Does said trashiness include Katherine Heigl masturbating to the sight of her ex and Rosario Dawson getting it on? Because that looked pretty hilarious

Yeah those two scenes are intercut together to this sort of generically "steamy" throbbing getting-it-on music you'd hear over a sex scene in a Wild Things sequel or something and it's glorious. Even more so because it's not Heigl's ex, it's

Spoiler

Dawson's abusive ex whose restraining order had just ended and with whom Heigl is flirting on Facebook while she's impersonating Dawson with a fake page and everything. She's masturbating not even at the guy but at how clever she is with her evil plan. We also know it's a clever evil plan because in every previous scene relating to it (creating a fake page, initiating the chat, etc.) she's very slowly sipping red wine while sitting in total darkness.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Shia LaBeouf is another one whose crazy antics have made poison to studios, Eddie Murphy as well to an extent 

• Like 4

Just now, TalismanRing said:

“Even if I was directing a film called The Life of Val Kilmer, I wouldn’t have that prick in it.”  - Frankenheimer on the set of The Island of Dr Moreau

And that's a lot nicer than what Joel Shumacher said about him after working with him on Batman Forver. :lol:

\Damn LMAO

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

Schumacher didn't have much time for Tommy Lee Jones but praised Jim Carrey 

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Surprised you overlooked Emile Hirsch, who appeared in a number of acclaimed projects for a short period of time and then pretty much vanished due to burning his bridges before really establishing himself (and for good reason too, considering he later assaulted a female executive).

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Bruce Willis is a bit of an extreme example of that, as long as he was a draw he got many pass, not only he was getting out of movie late in pre-production, sometime he was quitting them once the shoot started, he made The Sixth sense and 2 other movie for Disney to not get sued from contract breach because he did quit a movie after the principal photography was started.

That combined with all is terrible behavior on the press junket.

Now he is doing direct to video Canadian movie by first time director. If you are an really loved professional with perfect track record and cheap to insure like Ryan Reynolds, Clive Owen, Gerard Butler, you can continue to work for a long time without any financial success (for people easy to cast that is).

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

Was very difficult to work with, pissed off most directors and cast members he worked with. Once his movies started bombing, no one wanted to work with him anymore and his career went DTV.

Went DTV? Is he even making movies? I can't remember the last movie of his I've seen and I get all sorts of DTV crap to review...

Edit: Including several from the aforementioned Bruce Willis (though they don't exactly "star" him, he was in for a day or two playing cardboard cutout villains).

Edited by TheMovieman

12 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Yeah those two scenes are intercut together to this sort of generically "steamy" throbbing getting-it-on music you'd hear over a sex scene in a Wild Things sequel or something and it's glorious. Even more so because it's not Heigl's ex, it's

Hide contents

Dawson's abusive ex whose restraining order had just ended and with whom Heigl is flirting on Facebook while she's impersonating Dawson with a fake page and everything. She's masturbating not even at the guy but at how clever she is with her evil plan. We also know it's a clever evil plan because in every previous scene relating to it (creating a fake page, initiating the chat, etc.) she's very slowly sipping red wine while sitting in total darkness.

That sound stupendous.

• Like 3

This talk reminds me of Steven Seagal too. From what I've read, even beyond his sheer laziness he's about as toxic and unpleasant as people who once starred in box-office hits (even if he only lasted a few years) get. 

• Like 1