aabattery

Mary, Queen of Scots | 7nd December, 2018 | Jack Lowden Period Drama | Also has Saoirse Ronan, Margot Robbie, David Tennant, Guy Pearce, Joe Alwyn (from the Ang Lee movie no one remembers), Martin Compston and Brendon Coyle

This film, written by Beau Willimon (The Ides of March), looks like a truly exciting project. To me, The Crown proves there is still an audience for entertainment that take place in the distant past such as this. Two Best Actress nominees in big roles can really only help this become quite a hit. This is a very exciting project, and based on the intrigue generated from the still images above, I am definitely rooting for this film and anxiously waiting for my chance to see it. I am confident that Universal and Focus Features have something special on their hands.

• Like 1

For once they got t he age of Mary right;She was only a teenager when she took the throne of Scotland.

And I give Robbie some credit for being willing to sacrifice her good looks to be an accurate Elizabeth.

And Aussie actresses have had some success In playing England's greatest Queen: I give you Cate Blanchette.

2 hours ago, WrathOfHan said:

For real though how long is Sersh going to be cast as teens? Would hate for her to be Andrew Garfield'd or Tobey Maguire'd :lol: 

I guess for as long as she can pull it off.

She has always looked younger than her age, I was shocked to learn she was about 17 in Hanna, I thought 13, maybe 14.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

What happened to the original true to life homlie-d up Liz the First look for Robbie?  Here she looks all glamorous and beautiful. Pfft.

I get the feeling the film is going to take place across many years. Mary and Lizzie had their tangles for quite a few years (with the final 20 years being Mary imprisoned by Elizabeth)

49 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

I get the feeling the film is going to take place across many years. Mary and Lizzie had their tangles for quite a few years (with the final 20 years being Mary imprisoned by Elizabeth)

Unless plastic surgery, botox, collagen and high tech make up artists were available during that span it wouldn't make a difference to Queen Liz.