aabattery

Mary, Queen of Scots | 7nd December, 2018 | Jack Lowden Period Drama | Also has Saoirse Ronan, Margot Robbie, David Tennant, Guy Pearce, Joe Alwyn (from the Ang Lee movie no one remembers), Martin Compston and Brendon Coyle

1 minute ago, Jonwo said:

Elizabeth I has been played by so many actresses that it's hard to say which is best. Glenda Jackson's portrayal my favourite followed by Cate Blanchett so it'll be interested how Margot Robbie does as Elizabeth.

Jackson was good, but Blanchette was my favorite.

But the most interesting thing about this film is for the first time, in all the movies and tv shows they have done about Mary,they cast an actress the correct age to play her. All the previous versions have cast Mary way too old.

4 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

466650333_61b76a6cec_b.jpg

021dcec2b22a389e7a29559ee2ef7124.jpg

856267086a46bc40215dd6ae2f8fc5f8--elizab

Robbie's makeup is actually far too modern

Hey look at how many films it took for Hollywood to get that Mary was only 19 years old when took the Scottish Throne.

Edited by dudalb

8 minutes ago, Morieris said:

I was excited.

Though as one who doesn't watch a lot of period pieces like that, are there any where the problem isn't that one woman can't produce a heir? 

It's either that or "woman is too liberated for the time, which causes all sorts of dramatic conflict."