kayumanggi

GEMINI MAN | Oct 11 19 | Paramount | Estimated to lose 111.1M

4 hours ago, dudalb said:

If this disappoints at the box office, it might be Karma for passing up "The Irishman".

Not really fair.  They backed Hugo and Silence.  For them recently only WOWS didn't lose them money and that had Leo and cost significantly less than The Irishman (which then also went well over budget)

More importantly I'd like Ang Lee to stop chasing new tech and get back to storytelling.  It's only worked out well with Life Of Pi and that's because the story mattered far more.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, JB33 said:

Anyone seeing this opening weekend? It has my attention. I'm mainly going hoping for a return of a great Will Smith performance, not all the bells and whistles and tech.

I'm gonna see it as well but in a regular format. Doesn't seem like the HFR is worth it.

19 hours ago, JB33 said:

Anyone seeing this opening weekend? It has my attention. I'm mainly going hoping for a return of a great Will Smith performance, not all the bells and whistles and tech.

I'm seeing it Saturday. If not, Sunday definately. Just looks interesting.

Edited by OdinSon2k14

Okay, so the budget's $138 million according to Deadline. If it's lucky it'll hit $100 million domestic (even though I'm starting to doubt that).

The budget's not that far off from what I was expecting (I was thinking somewhere around $140 million-$150 million).