kayumanggi

GEMINI MAN | Oct 11 19 | Paramount | Estimated to lose 111.1M

50 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Holy shit, Ang Lee actually made HFR work.

That was my biggest fear. I detest 60 FPS - and all the other failed attempts.

120 FPS, I'm sure, will once again look wretchedly unnatural - and straight out of TV, which is instakill for any expensive movie on the big screen.

BUT - maybe 120 FPS is high enough to make a sizeable difference for the 3D action (never happened before): a difference so big that we are willing to pay the price of the TV look of the rest of the movie.

Edited by shayhiri

7 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

if i actually get the opportunity to see this in HFR it'll be the first movie i actually see in 3D in like five years, I think.

I think all IMAX laser cinemas and Dolby Cinemas have the capability to show movies in 120 fps. I think IMAX laser shows 120 fps in 2D and 60 fps is in 3D.

Edited by lorddemaxus

10 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

No interest in HFR, everything looks fake, Cameron and others can go to hell if this becomes standard 

Funny thing is, it's the opposite, HFR makes everything look real which in turn makes you think it looks fake because human brains have been trained for 100 years how a movie is supposed to look.

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

21 hours ago, shayhiri said:

That was my biggest fear. I detest 60 FPS - and all the other failed attempts.

120 FPS, I'm sure, will once again look wretchedly unnatural - and straight out of TV, which is instakill for any expensive movie on the big screen.

BUT - maybe 120 FPS is high enough to make a sizeable difference for the 3D action (never happened before): a difference so big that we are willing to pay the price of the TV look of the rest of the movie.

Seconded.

19 hours ago, lorddemaxus said:

I think all IMAX laser cinemas and Dolby Cinemas have the capability to show movies in 120 fps. I think IMAX laser shows 120 fps in 2D and 60 fps is in 3D.

not many spots in the UK with those, only two dolby locations and both pretty far away by the looks of things. but i am determined to see this in 120 fps.