kayumanggi

KILLERS OF THE FLOWER MOON | 10.20.2023 | Paramount | current gross: $67,826,648

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 2:55 AM, Firepower said:

Sinatra wasn't made because Scorsese wanted to show Sinatra's dark side and Sinatra's estate wasn't okay about that.

I know. It's a shame; Sinatra's life seems something that is a perfect fit for Scorsese.

• Like 1

Given that The Irishman's budget sounds like it's out of control (first $125m, then $140m, then $175m), Scorsese had better keep a tighter grip on the budget this time.

I personally think Shutter Island's budget would be a good fit for this film ($80 million).

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

well, can't get much lower than dirty grandpa and his dire SNL appearances. those would cause anyone to have a come-to-jesus moment.

He must have had a revelation when "The War with Grandpa" was put on ice after it wrapped. Also, he looks more like Sam the Eagle than Mueller on SNL:

robert_de_niro_snl.jpg?itok=R_0ZALNA&h=c

58 minutes ago, TMP said:

I like how De Niro's back to serious acting again 

I guess he figured he has gotten rich enough accepting any big paycheck that came his way, so he can go back to being choosy again.

For a while there De Niro was giving Brando a run in the "great actor who chooses a lot of lousy scripts" category.

On 7/30/2019 at 8:20 PM, dudalb said:

I guess he figured he has gotten rich enough accepting any big paycheck that came his way, so he can go back to being choosy again.

How else can he pay for Tribeca?

Edited by 35MM-18

http://www.premiere.fr/Cinema/News-Cinema/Martin-Scorsese-decrit-son-prochain-film-avec-DiCaprio-et-De-Niro-comme-un-western

He's all but said this is his first western.

“We think it’s a western. It [takes place] in 1921-1922 in Oklahoma. They are certainly cowboys, but they have cars and also horses. The film is mainly about the Osage, an Indian tribe that was given horrible territory, which they loved because they said to themselves that Whites would never be interested in it. Then we discovered oil there and, for about ten years, the Osage became the richest people in the world, per capita. Then, as with the Yukon and the Colorado mining regions, the vultures disembark, the White man, the European arrives, and all was lost. There, the underworld had such control over everything that you were more likely to go to jail for killing a dog than for killing an Indian.”

• Like 4

$225 million budget ??

BREAKING: Per , the budget on Scorsese's KILLERS OF THE FLOWER MOON has soared to $225M (not far off from The Irishman, mind you) & Paramount is getting nervous (even with Leo starring), and Marty wants to move it to Netflix (which doesn't know how to say "no").

https://twitter.com/TheInSneider/status/1231001758324838401

Edited by TLK
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Astonished 1
  • ...wtf 1

Just now, Eric the Hedgehog said:

lmao Marty's fucking crazy, and I love him.

I love Scorsese but admit that, having read the book, and taking it's 1920's setting into account, I just can't see why this would cost 225 Million. In the end it's a police thriller. If Mendes could stage World War One for less then half of the rumored budget, don't see why Marty needs 225 for a murder mystery.

lol Marty you are a blessing to us all. Leo appearing in a Netflix release would also be something even if it was only for Marty, you know starpower is truly a thing of the past when the man who is probably the last old school definition of a "movie star" (only one flop in the past decade and the flop being almost that long ago is quite the track record) is unable to ensure a studio will throw all of their confidence behind anything he's in automatically.

Edited by filmlover
  • Like 1