kayumanggi

KILLERS OF THE FLOWER MOON | 10.20.2023 | Paramount | current gross: $67,826,648

Okay friend of mine at Cannes texted me the movie is great but there are strong issues here and there with the editing: sometimes dubbing is out of synch and there are giants continuity errors… So he thinks there will be still room for polishing it til October.

Here’s some of his thoughts (I translated it): 

This is perhaps the definitive film about the guilty conscience of the USA.
A theme very dear to Martin Scorsese, who, after making the gangster movie mirror an entire nation, also delved into the roots of his homeland, with that Gangs of New York that explored the founding myth of his beloved/hated States. 
Here, Killers of the Flower Moon is the weary, disenchanted child of this long authorial journey. A film that stops at the border between genres. Halfway between the out-of-time western and the gangster movie where, this time, there is nothing and no one to mythologize. Thus is born a profound investigation of human misery, told through an epic worthy of a great novel. American, of course. And with pages stained with blood and oil.

• Like 2

On 5/21/2023 at 2:39 AM, Mr Roark said:

Okay friend of mine at Cannes texted me the movie is great but there are strong issues here and there with the editing: sometimes dubbing is out of synch and there are giants continuity errors… So he thinks there will be still room for polishing it til October.

Here’s some of his thoughts (I translated it): 

This is perhaps the definitive film about the guilty conscience of the USA.
A theme very dear to Martin Scorsese, who, after making the gangster movie mirror an entire nation, also delved into the roots of his homeland, with that Gangs of New York that explored the founding myth of his beloved/hated States. 
Here, Killers of the Flower Moon is the weary, disenchanted child of this long authorial journey. A film that stops at the border between genres. Halfway between the out-of-time western and the gangster movie where, this time, there is nothing and no one to mythologize. Thus is born a profound investigation of human misery, told through an epic worthy of a great novel. American, of course. And with pages stained with blood and oil.

If your friend is correct, the Right is going to go insane over this film.Particualty in Oklahoma.

Cannot wait for this movie. I have stayed clear from details about the true story beyond what's already in the promos but this sure seems like another trailer cut for maximum mainstream appeal. I doubt the movie will be as "action" packed as advertised. 

Are there any info about when this will release outside of america?