kayumanggi

KILLERS OF THE FLOWER MOON | 10.20.2023 | Paramount | current gross: $67,826,648

4 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

yeah i don't really buy it. haven't read the book but know the story enough to know there's no reason this should cost more than something like Shutter Island.

same 225M sounds crazy for a project like this (unless there's some de-aging VFX involved). 

Tarantino re-created 1960s hollywood with a stardom on par with this for only $100M. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

I'm torn between wanting Marty to make a lean mean sharp film, or just go gonzo bonkers spend all the money everywhere

Listen, he's achieved so much in his career. the only accomplishment left is to Heavens Gate style destroy a studio with a single film.

Edited by CoolioD1
  • Like 5
  • Haha 4
  • Astonished 1

17 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

Listen, he's achieved so much in his career. the only accomplishment left is to Heavens Gate style destroy a studio with a single film.

Considering that it's Paramount, it wouldn't be particularly impressive if he managed to destroy them by overspending on one film.

• Haha 1

On ‎2‎/‎22‎/‎2020 at 11:41 AM, RealLyre said:

same 225M sounds crazy for a project like this (unless there's some de-aging VFX involved). 

Tarantino re-created 1960s hollywood with a stardom on par with this for only $100M. 

And Sam Mendes restaged World War One very convinctly for 100 Million.

Scorsese has no bigger fan then I, but 225 for this project ..which in the is a police drama, even if set in the 1920"s....is crazy.

• Like 1

I'm taking this $225 million rumour with a lot of grains of salt-especially since it wasn't even 6 months ago that people were saying that Cats cost $300 million.

Realistically, it'll probably cost as much as that film did ($90 million-$100 million).

3 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Honestly I don't blame Paramount for being cautious, Marty is a great director but boy, does he need to rein in his budgets.

I agree, Having read the source material, I just don't see why this needs to cost 225 Million dollar. I think half that would be more then enough.

• Like 1