YM!

2018: Superhero Underperformance/Peak? Or Complete Domination?

Unfortunately, I think 2018 may be the beginning of superhero fatigue. I have never believed in superhero fatigue until I next years line up was released. 6 live action films based on Marvel properties in a year, 5 of the films being released in a span of 6 months? Casual fans are going to get burnt out. I'm a die hard Marvel fan, so I hate to admit it, but I think 2018 is the beginning of the Superhero fatigue that some have been talking about for the last decade+.

• Like 1

On 4/22/2017 at 9:42 PM, chrisman0606 said:

I do not think I might be able to see all of them especially if one of them turns out to be shit. It just so much.

I'm definitely not going to be able to see them all in theaters. My first born child will be born in November.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, cheesypoofs said:

Unfortunately, I think 2018 may be the beginning of superhero fatigue. I have never believed in superhero fatigue until I next years line up was released. 6 live action films based on Marvel properties in a year, 5 of the films being released in a span of 6 months? Casual fans are going to get burnt out. I'm a die hard Marvel fan, so I hate to admit it, but I think 2018 is the beginning of the Superhero fatigue that some have been talking about for the last decade+.

I think they all do fine. Today's audiences like franchises. So they imbrace them. Franchises are everything today from fast food, sit down restaurants, hotels,  to stores.  I think the for the next ten years there will be at least 5 superheroes blockbuster films a hero. 

2 minutes ago, cheesypoofs said:

I'm definitely not going to be able to see them all in theaters. My first born child will be born in November.

Wait, your child will be born this November?

The same month JL comes out?

The same month Superman is reborn?

The prophecy has come to life.....

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dexter of Suburbia said:

I think they all do fine. Today's audiences like franchises. So they imbrace them. Franchises are everything today from fast food, sit down restaurants, hotels,  to stores.  I think the for the next ten years there will be at least 5 superheroes blockbuster films a hero. 

I hope I'm wrong, I really do. I just think people that aren't huge fans are going to start to get burnt out. That's a lot of Marvel films in one year, not to mention the competition from other films. If there are 3 MCU films every year and 3 XCU films every year, I see some drops incoming.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cheesypoofs said:

Take your boy/girl to Animated Spider-Man for their first movie.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, UNDERDOG said:

Wait, your child will be born this November?

The same month JL comes out?

The same month Superman is reborn?

The prophecy has come to life.....

Lmao, yeah, I didn't even think about that. Due date is currently November 10th. So I'm probably going to have to wait until Blu Ray for a lot of movies coming in fall and winter. Thor 3 looks like the best Thor film, JL looks like the best DCEU film, and SW8 looks great. I'm going to have to avoid spoilers like the plague this fall/winter haha

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cheesypoofs said:

I hope I'm wrong, I really do. I just think people that aren't huge fans are going to start to get burnt out. That's a lot of Marvel films in one year, not to mention the competition from other films. If there are 3 MCU films every year and 3 XCU films every year, I see some drops incoming.

Films are getting bigger worldwide. So they are pretty much will always turn a profit. 

On 4/24/2017 at 2:27 PM, YourMother said:

Spider-Man 3 was my first CBM in theaters.

Holy fuck you are young. That was my first free movie I saw since I started my job at my local theater. When I was 17 years old. 

Edited by Dexter of Suburbia

Just now, Dexter of Suburbia said:

Holy fuck you are young. That was my first free movie I saw since I started my job at my local theater. 

My first movie in theaters was The Incredibles, I was 4 at the time, my second movie in theaters was Spongebob Movie.