trifle

WGA authorizes strike with 96% vote | tentative agreement reached at 1am PDT

10 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

From day 1 of this story, many insiders said an actual strike was unlikely despite the initial WGA vote given the backlash from the big one. Glad to see those feelings were correct. 

Dude, I can tell you, no one knew what would happen. The deal came together really really late. There easily could've been a strike. 

This is one area where your impressions are simply wrong. 

1 minute ago, Tele Came Back said:

Dude, I can tell you, no one knew what would happen. The deal came together really really late. There easily could've been a strike. 

This is one area where your impressions are simply wrong. 

Whatever man, the strike didn't happen so... 

13 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

You forget how much that story was in the news even before the strike. It was literally all you could hear about for months. My point is that the writers just played a simple game where they were never actually going to strike. Used the threat of it as leverage which is why we now have a deal before the deadline. 

I was only aware about it after the strike started last go around. If they never intended to strike then it's still a win, they got a deal out of this without having to strike.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

Great news! Our X-Men movies and others won't be affected. :)

So, we won't get another Origins:Wolverine or Quantum of Solace. Phew....

How about people's jobs were saved

• Like 9

2 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

I was only aware about it after the strike started last go around. If they never intended to strike then it's still a win, they got a deal out of this without having to strike.

It's a great leverage tactic if you are pretty sure the other guy will blink...