trifle

WGA authorizes strike with 96% vote | tentative agreement reached at 1am PDT

2 minutes ago, John Marston said:

yep. Star Trek 2009 and Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince were both pushed from fall 2008 to summer 2009 because of this

I think Potter was finished and ready but Warner Bros didn't have a big summer film for 2009 so pushed it back. 

I remember the WGA criticised Ellen DeGeneres for continuing her show but IIRC she didn't have a choice as Warner Bros would have sued her for breach of contract had she not done that although she didn't have a monologue.

Danny Craig bout to write Bond 25. Worked so well the last time.

I'm supportive of this move because I support unions striking and fighting for their rights. That said, I hope for everyone's sake that things get hammered out sooner than later. Every blockbuster has 40 writers now so they probably can't just have random character actors write Aquaman on the set anymore. 

• Like 2

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

Danny Craig bout to write Bond 25. Worked so well the last time.

I'm supportive of this move because I support unions striking and fighting for their rights. That said, I hope for everyone's sake that things get hammered out sooner than later. Every blockbuster has 40 writers now so they probably can't just have random character actors write Aquaman on the set anymore. 

Will be a bigger deal for TV honestly - most writers rooms spend the early summer plotting out the next season and they're about to lose that

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

Will be a bigger deal for TV honestly - most writers rooms spend the early summer plotting out the next season and they're about to lose that

Yea, that's absolutely true. Last one happened before TV really got super fucking awesome and I didn't really watch TV then at all. Not so anymore. Hope that the union gets what it wants.

Just now, Cmasterclay said:

Yea, that's absolutely true. Last one happened before TV really got super fucking awesome and I didn't really watch TV then at all. Not so anymore. Hope that the union gets what it wants.

The boat season of LOST tho, so much nonsense

3 minutes ago, Blaze Heatnix said:

So, MCU movies, X-Men movies and DCU movies will be in trouble for next year, I guess. Damn...

Black Panther and Infinity War will be fine everything else..

• Like 1

So if writers are striking, how is anything going to get made? Everyone is blaming the writers strike for creating trash content, is it because all the non-writers had to basically do the job? Or they just had to find non-striking writers?

Basically, who is actually writing the shows and movies during strike period that is the cause for them to be trash afterwards?

Edited by jandrew

3 minutes ago, jandrew said:

So if writers are striking, how is anything going to get made? Everyone is blaming the writers strike for creating trash content, is it because all the non-writers had to basically do the job? Or they just had to find non-striking writers?

Basically, who is actually writing the shows and movies during strike period that is the cause for them to be trash afterwards?

They're basically using what they already have.

I remember the talks of a possible SAG strike a few years back. Now that would be truly catastrophic.

• Like 3