newbie BO buff

Indonesia Box Office 2023 - thanks for updating

12 hours ago, newbie BO buff said:

So, we have IT's numbers now.

As I said, very good but not Annabelle good. 

IT opened to an absolutely solid $2.7m, that's just over 1m admissions! (Annabelle 2 did $3.9m and legged out devilishly to 2.51x).

IT is now positioned for an over/under $5m finish. Might be able to stay in the yearly Top 15 in the end.

I hope IT could hold better, indonesian loves horror flick, I rarely see a horror to be in the top 10 of yearly chart in any country, and I think it is a relatively new brand in indonesia, the holding power should be better than Annabelle 2

6 hours ago, titanic2187 said:

I hope IT could hold better, indonesian loves horror flick, I rarely see a horror to be in the top 10 of yearly chart in any country, and I think it is a relatively new brand in indonesia, the holding power should be better than Annabelle 2

IT is holding up nicely, up to $4.1m now.

1 hour ago, newbie BO buff said:

IT is holding up nicely, up to $4.1m now.

Indonesia meanwhile dropped by just 1% to lift its cume to $4.1M , from deadline.....21 Sept's public holiday should help further! 

But that $4.1m seem too low if IT dropped just 1%, the opening was already $2.7m, 1% drop should give  it another $2.6m, which total up to at least $5m?

Edited by titanic2187

The UK is It’s top grossing market on $40.7m, followed by Mexico on $26.5m, Germany on $24.7m, Russia on $18.3m, Brazil on $18.2m, and Australia on $18.17m.

France has generated $14.8m, while Spain has produced $12m, Argentina $9.5m, Sweden $6.7m, South Korea $6.5m, and Indonesia $6m. There are no new openings this week.

IT has reached $6m in Indonesia. That's actually pretty good! IT is not a well-known property in Indonesia, aside maybe some 90s kids like me. And it's more like monster-horror rather than ghost-horror (Indonesians prefer ghost-related horror).

Also, the newest local horror movie, "Pengabdi Setan" (literal translation: The Devil's Servant) is having amazing legs, reaching 1.7m admissions in 11 days.

Capture.png

Its 2nd weekend number (Thu-Sun) is higher than its opening weekend, with the number for each day increasing weekly. It needs another 1.01m to beat Danur (2.74m adm) as the biggest local horror movie ever, and 2nd biggest local movie of the year. Since it has got 1.2m adm in the last 7 days alone, I think it will do it. And deservedly so. Pengabdi Setan is much better and much scarier than Danur. In fact, it's one of the best Indonesian movies this year. it's getting the most nominations (13) at the 2017 Indonesian Film Festival (Indonesian version of Academy Awards). An extremely rare feat for a horror movie. So excited about this movie's performance.

Edited by catlover
  • Like 3

47 minutes ago, catlover said:

The UK is It’s top grossing market on $40.7m, followed by Mexico on $26.5m, Germany on $24.7m, Russia on $18.3m, Brazil on $18.2m, and Australia on $18.17m.

France has generated $14.8m, while Spain has produced $12m, Argentina $9.5m, Sweden $6.7m, South Korea $6.5m, and Indonesia $6m. There are no new openings this week.

IT has reached $6m in Indonesia. That's actually pretty good! IT is not a well-known property in Indonesia, aside maybe some 90s kids like me. And it's more like monster-horror rather than ghost-horror (Indonesians prefer ghost-related horror).

Also, the newest local horror movie, "Pengabdi Setan" (literal translation: The Devil's Servant) is having amazing legs, reaching 1.7m admissions in 11 days.

Capture.png

Its 2nd weekend number (Thu-Sun) is higher than its opening weekend, with the number for each day increasing weekly. It needs another 1.01m to beat Danur (2.74m adm) as the biggest local horror movie ever, and 2nd biggest local movie of the year. Since it has got 1.2m adm in the last 7 days alone, I think it will do it. And deservedly so. Pengabdi Setan is much better and much scarier than Danur. In fact, it's one of the best Indonesian movies this year. it's getting the most nominations (13) at the 2017 Indonesian Film Festival (Indonesian version of Academy Awards). An extremely rare feat for a horror movie. So excited about this movie's performance.

Thank you for continuing this thread, I've been distracted with my blog bicaraboxoffice.wordpress.com and various other issues.

Yup, Pengabdi Setan's second weekend jumped a crazy 49% from its opening weekend, so all bets are off now. Who knows how far this will go?

As for Citra nominations, Kartini beat it by 1 (14 noms).

• Like 1

18 hours ago, newbie BO buff said:

Nice blog! Today's a slow day at work, so I read all of the posts lol.

Btw Pengabdi Setan is already at 2,335,875 adm (up to Thursday, its 15th day). It's slowing down a bit, due to screen loss to a new local movie One Fine Day. Today it's loosing screens again to Geostorm. But its Thursday number only dropped 15% from last Thursday. And it only needs around 401k to beat Danur. Last week, Pengabdi Setan got 600k on Fri-Sun. With say 25% drop on this Fri-Sun, it will get 450k, easily outgrossing Danur. If that happens, I honestly think it will get more than 3m in the end. Amazing.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, catlover said:

Nice blog! Today's a slow day at work, so I read all of the posts lol.

Btw Pengabdi Setan is already at 2,335,875 adm (up to Thursday, its 15th day). It's slowing down a bit, due to screen loss to a new local movie One Fine Day. Today it's loosing screens again to Geostorm. But its Thursday number only dropped 15% from last Thursday. And it only needs around 401k to beat Danur. Last week, Pengabdi Setan got 600k on Fri-Sun. With say 25% drop on this Fri-Sun, it will get 450k, easily outgrossing Danur. If that happens, I honestly think it will get more than 3m in the end. Amazing.

Please write this amazing comment in my blog!

Please!

On 10/15/2017 at 12:33 PM, newbie BO buff said:

.... and it's getting viral!

Time to start your own blog. 

Really? Haha. Well, I did have a blog, llike 10 years ago. Most of the posts were movie reviews. Some of them were about box office. Some about my daily life. For the first one year, I updated the blog at least once a week, almost daily. Then I became lazy, and posted only once a month, and then once in 3 months, and then never lol. I tried to revive my blog one time, but the same thing happened all over again. So now I'm just giving up on blogging and mainly express my thoughts and feelings on forums and social media. But I like writing, so maybe someday I'll try again.

• Like 1

On 10/16/2017 at 1:33 PM, catlover said:

Really? Haha. Well, I did have a blog, llike 10 years ago. Most of the posts were movie reviews. Some of them were about box office. Some about my daily life. For the first one year, I updated the blog at least once a week, almost daily. Then I became lazy, and posted only once a month, and then once in 3 months, and then never lol. I tried to revive my blog one time, but the same thing happened all over again. So now I'm just giving up on blogging and mainly express my thoughts and feelings on forums and social media. But I like writing, so maybe someday I'll try again.

Well, people read less these days. When I write an article in my blog, the readership would be in the low hundreds, tops. But a tweet of the same article can have more than 10,000 views.

My twitter is followed by several Indonesian filmmakers (eg Joko Anwar, Awi Suryadi) so I'm pretty sure they read your prediction!

Blade Runner 2049 leveled off at $1,114,512

Geostorm had a strong $1,3m OW, now stands at $1,700,000

After hitting 3 million admission in 20 days, Pengabdi Setan has stopped providing daily updates. Understandably so, as its daily admission dips below 100k.

We now brace for the full impact of Thor: Ragnarok on 25th October. Presale starts tomorrow?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, keysersoze123 said:

Any comparisons to Guardians 2 or Thor 2?

Dunno abour Thor 2 but Guardians had a wed+thur of 900k, which is pretty much the same as Thor 3. Final grosses for SH movies this year are listed below

1. Spider-Man: Homecoming - $12,333,268 - roughly 4,704,261 admissions 
  2. Wonder Woman - $8,600,000 - roughly 3,280,286 admissions 
  3. Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 - $7,683,449 - roughly 2,930,687 admissions
  4. Logan (aka Logan: The Wolverine in Indonesian posters) - $6,195,583 - roughly 2,363,172 admissions

If it follows Guardians as it has so far then it will land with around 3m admissions. 

@newbie BO buff do you see Thor matching Guardians 2 or coming in lower or higher based on reception/crowd?

Edited by ZeeSoh
  • Thanks 2