newbie BO buff

Indonesia Box Office 2023 - thanks for updating

1 hour ago, raegr said:

At worst JL makes slightly more than Ant Man? Realistically less than 750M and at best barely 900M?

21 minutes ago, raulbalarezo said:

Low: $850M

Medium: $950M

High: $1.100M

I wholeheartedly agree and wishes for the life of me that it will break 1 billion.

I was just playing with different possible scenarios at this juncture. Whispers from the various stages of screenings are largely positive, but some also very vile.

Also wishing for a better DOM:INT split than other DC movies.

Anyway, Indonesia presale starts tomorrow, so I'll definitely have a good look. Be seeing it on Thu 16 Nov (damn, can't make it on opening day).

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, newbie BO buff said:

I wholeheartedly agree and wishes for the life of me that it will break 1 billion.

I was just playing with different possible scenarios at this juncture. Whispers from the various stages of screenings are largely positive, but some also very vile.

Also wishing for a better DOM:INT split than other DC movies.

Anyway, Indonesia presale starts tomorrow, so I'll definitely have a good look. Be seeing it on Thu 16 Nov (damn, can't make it on opening day).

WoM is decent-great

Thank GOD!

1 hour ago, newbie BO buff said:

Yes, Reddit's tally:

Number of Positive (Including Mixed Positive Reactions): 29

Number of Mixed Reactions: 7

Number of Negative Reactions: 1

So .....

1EVdILg.jpg

pXADic0.jpg

dhHqm2L.jpg

I say we're closer. Who I would do is bump medium to low, high to medium and for high I would say 170M, 440M, 1.13B. 

JL imo will land between medium and high. 

Edited by raegr
  • Like 1

My predictions for JL in Indonesia are a little bit higher. BvS had a bad WOM and it's still managed to be one of the biggest movie ever, so I can't see JL being lower than $10m. To me, the low prediction is $11m and the medium prediction is $14m. I agree with the high one. Looks like it will be a much better movie than BvS and Wonder Woman/Gal Gadot is very popular now in Indonesia. Although, Thor kinda stole its thunder (no pun intended), so I don't know. We'll see.

And congrats to Pengabdi Setan for being the biggest Indonesian movie this year. It was so much fun tracking and following its box office/admission numbers. It has lost a lot of screens so it might be gone soon from the theaters, but what a performance!

Also, saw Thor 3 last week and wow it's sooo good. One of my favorite MCU films ever. I hope it makes as much money as possible. Gonna see it again tomorrow.

Edited by catlover
  • Like 2

Just saw it. It's okay, not bad but also not good. It was a full pack session and other sessions at my theater were also full.

I think it's going to have a better reception than BvS. It' shouldn't have any trouble getting to $10m mark, but I'm not sure whether it can reach to BvS OW and total number.

• Like 1

Yeah, I'm starting to think it won't reach BvS number. As bad as that movie is, the hype before the release was huge. It's the first blockbuster of the year too. JL's hype is overshadowed by Thor, which had exciting trailers and excellent marketing, also turned out to be a great movie. That's too bad, because it looks like JL is a better movie than BvS.

9 hours ago, tong kosong said:

Just saw it. It's okay, not bad but also not good. It was a full pack session and other sessions at my theater were also full.

I think it's going to have a better reception than BvS. It' shouldn't have any trouble getting to $10m mark, but I'm not sure whether it can reach to BvS OW and total number.

Jl would have advantage of more screenings per day.

39 minutes ago, catlover said:

Yeah, I'm starting to think it won't reach BvS number. As bad as that movie is, the hype before the release was huge. It's the first blockbuster of the year too. JL's hype is overshadowed by Thor, which had exciting trailers and excellent marketing, also turned out to be a great movie. That's too bad, because it looks like JL is a better movie than BvS.

Yes, there was quite a gap between Deadpool and BvS

1 hour ago, Olive Skywalker said:

Indonesia opened to $895k from 888 screens, outpacing Thor: Ragnarok by 8% and recording WB’s biggest opening day of all time in the market.

http://pro.boxoffice.com/justice-league-begins-overseas-run-claims-top-opening-day-time-brazil/

WW - $800K

I'm quite confused. I thought Thor had $900K opening day in Indonesia? Why is JL's $895K considered 8% higher? Is it the number of tickets sold or I just got the Thor numbers wrong?

Edited by UserHN

4 hours ago, UserHN said:

I'm quite confused. I thought Thor had $900K opening day in Indonesia? Why is JL's $895K considered 8% higher? Is it the number of tickets sold or I just got the Thor numbers wrong?

4 hours ago, Olive Skywalker said:

Maybe Thor had previews or something.

It's just Disney reporting rounded up numbers. 

Remember that these numbers are marketing tools as well. 

3 hours ago, newbie BO buff said:

It's just Disney reporting rounded up numbers. 

Remember that these numbers are marketing tools as well. 

If it is true that JL's $895K is 8% more than Thor, then Thor would have gotten $829K opening day. It is not possible to round that number to $900K. I think there is another explanation. Maybe it has something to do with the number of tickets sold.

Edited by UserHN