Chewy

Goodbye Christopher Robin | Oct 13, 2017 | Fox Searchlight | Domhnall Gleeson, Margot Robbie

On ‎12‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 0:31 PM, MrFanaticGuy34 said:

Since we're getting a live action Winnie the Pooh-live action movie.....could this get a G-rating like the rest of its animated counterpart....or maybe get a PG-rating? (Although a PG-rating would be doubtful).

And hopefully they could recapture the innocence, pleasantness & charm of what made the animated films so charming to its audience.

I think Pooh might be the one time Disney would make an exception for their live-action fare getting a PG. 

Regardless of whether it's G or PG, people will see it as toddler/preschool/kindergarten fare. Plus, there's nothing in the Winnie-the-Pooh books that comes close to being intense or adult. Since Christopher Robin is going to be an adult in the film, I doubt they'll include the only remotely 'scary' aspect of the 100 Acre Wood (Heffalumps and Woozles). 

But if MLP and Finding Dory are rated PG, it seems, unless a film is based on a preschool show like Dora, Doc McStuffins or Sesame Street, it's likely not going to get a G rating. Cars 3, Rio 2 and Monsters U are the only three films from the last five years that don't really fit this innocuous label for a G-rated film. 

Fuckin hyped. I adore Winnie the Pooh since I was practically a baby, The Tigger movie was one of the first things I ever remember seeing on TV, House at Pooh Corner was the song my parents sang to me going to bed as a kid, and Pooh Gets Stuck was the book I learned to read with. Not to mention I honestly love Ewan Macgregor as an actor.

• Like 3

Xi Jinping will hate this movie :lol:

Screen_Shot_2014-11-12_at_2.52.15_PM%20(

TIGGER_2590531b.jpg

‘Oh, bother’: Winnie the Pooh falls foul of Chinese internet censors

Search blackout may be linked to clampdown on unflattering meme comparing president Xi Jinping with AA Milne character

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jul/17/winnie-the-pooh-chinese-internet-censors-xi-jinping

• Like 1

They should have taken that long running fan theroy that Winnie the Pooh is all about Christopher Robin being schizophrenic and the characters all representing a particular part of his mental illnesses and ran with it. Have it about him as an adult finally breaking down from all of it. 

Edited by MovieMan89

http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1692019/disneys-live-action-christopher-robin-has-cast-winnie-the-pooh-eeyore-and-more

For Disney's live-action remake, Jim Cummings will continue to play Pooh, Alan Tudyk will play Tigger (Why Jim Cummings isn't also playing Tigger is something I don't really get, but whatever), and Brad Garrett will play Eeyore. Also @CJohn @grim22 @Squadron Leader Tele , the Goodbye Christopher Robin thread (w/ Gleeson and Robbie) and the Disney's WtP remake thread (w/ McGregor and Atwell) are still merged up together.

4 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

http://www.cinemablend.com/news/1692019/disneys-live-action-christopher-robin-has-cast-winnie-the-pooh-eeyore-and-more

For Disney's live-action remake, Jim Cummings will continue to play Pooh, Alan Tudyk will play Tigger (Why Jim Cummings isn't also playing Tigger is something I don't really get, but whatever), and Brad Garrett will play Eeyore. Also @CJohn @grim22 @Squadron Leader Tele , the Goodbye Christopher Robin thread (w/ Gleeson and Robbie) and the Disney's WtP remake thread (w/ McGregor and Atwell) are still merged up together.

Brad Garrett as Eeyore is pretty good casting, Tudyk is an excellent voice actor so him playing Tigger doesn't bother me. I suppose Jim Cummings can't do the voice over for every character. Surprised they've not announced who's doing Piglet.

4 minutes ago, a2knet said:

How is Fox Searchlight involved in this?

There are two different movies and they were accidentally merged into one topic

Fox Searchlights is Goodbye Christopher Robin and it's a biopic about the writer.  It stars  one of the Gleeson's (not the best one alas) and Margot Robbie.  It comes out this fall.

Disney owns Pooh, so that one, Christopher Robin, actually has Pooh & Co.  It looks to be  alive action mix. It stars Ewan McGregor and Hayley Atwell.  That's scheduled for August 2018

• Thanks 1