WrathOfHan

Glass | Jan 18, 2019 | The 22nd Most Profitable Movie of 2019

7 minutes ago, ddddeeee said:

RT score would be at least double what it is if they had gotten JNH back to score.

Its very weird. The movie is going to make money and overall not cost that much, so they can’t whip out the cash needed to get JNH back whose collaborations with Shayamalan are known to be a huge highlight of both their careers? Cheapskates 

To me the trailers for this have always looked like a hot disaster that I have no clue what exactly is being attempted here. Didn't want to poo poo on the Shyamalan comeback train though and hoped I was wrong. I guess at least it sounds like this won't be a dull one though. We will see if it can be another Venom in terms of audience/critic disparity. I could see there being a chance of that given the complete audience infatuation for any kind of superhero movie right now. The big caveat there being that I think a lot of critics went in to Venom already dreading it, whereas I would think most critics went into this one with a lot of goodwill and hype for it. So that doesn't bode too well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Honestly dug this. Problem is M Night trying to squeeze an extra movie's worth of worldbuilding, as a conclusion it works just about satisfyingly enough. But everything before that is as good as hyped, action being the real MVP. Probably the best part of the film, executes and directed really really well. Cinematography and score are pretty gorgeous too. 

More I think about it the more in tune it feels (to me) with Unbreakable, all thematically right. But I'll agree with a lot of what people are saying about the ending not working, although I dug what MNS was trying to do with it and imo it *does*, thankfully, resolve satisfyingly. Better plan for this would have been making it info Glass Part 1? Most of the existing film would stay intact...okay I'll shut up now 🤐.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2