WrathOfHan

Glass | Jan 18, 2019 | The 22nd Most Profitable Movie of 2019

4 minutes ago, TwoMisfits said:

So, go see it...I got 2 free tickets to Upside today, and I'm going when I had zero plans for it (and it's reviewed just about as well:)...what's better than a funny or scary movie with a significant other?

If I had gotten the 2 free tickets to Glass, I'd be there instead Friday night:)... 

No, i mean i can waste the tickets on any movie...

3 hours ago, Darth Lehnsherr said:

So many mixed thoughts. I loved alot of what Shyamalan was attempting but much of it isn't executed very well. 

The ending is the perfect example of that.

Yup. Really interesting, worthwhile ideas; very disappointing-bordering-on-flat-out-bad execution.

12 hours ago, shayhiri said:

I expect nothing. Only seeing this for McAvoy.

I never saw any Shyamalan renaissance. He obviously is never going to make signature good movies like 6th Sense and The Village again.

The Village? Lmao. To this day, I've never seen a movie fall apart within the last 20 or minutes like the Village did. I think Shyamalama's best movies are Sixth Sense, Signs (even with maybe the worst plothole ever, it was overall very good imo), the Visit (underrated), and Split. Unbreakable when I first saw was underwhelming to me but I understand why it has a cult following.  So 5 movies ranging from slightly above average to great is actually not bad, even if the other movies are (Happening,  Lady in the Water, The Last Airbender,After Earth) well,trash. (Haven't seen Glass yet....)

13 hours ago, TombRaider said:

I'm kinda sad tho. I have 2 free tickets to waste before feb 15 and i have no movie to see, literally. I wanted to see this but its bad so now i have nothing since alita and happy death day premiere on feb 15 and escape room/us in march

Perhaps go and watch Second Act, the latest comedy hit with Jennifer Lopez ($35M+ just domestically on a $16M budget!).

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

54 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

This is selling horrible outside of Dolby at my theater. Legit think a sub-40M OW is possible if it doesn't pick up the pace.

This is way over-predicted.  I'm telling you now.  Will bomb out due to buzz before the weekend is even done. 

1 hour ago, Deep Wang said:

What has M. Night ever made that would make you think it would be more Venom than FB2??

The dude is as po-faced as they come.

That's why I find the idea that this film will survive after opening weekend dubious at best. M Night is not a "fun" filmmaker.