WrathOfHan

Glass | Jan 18, 2019 | The 22nd Most Profitable Movie of 2019

I didn't have time to read all of the comments in depth but I am not sure if anyone made this connection or not ---

Notice how when Kevin/McAvoy goes to morph into the Beast, he lays a bouquet of flowers down in front of the train tracks, and then proceeds to make his grand change within the train car completely alone-- meanwhile, Unbreakable began with a train wreck, Dunn/Willis the only to survive...

It's really late and my brain isn't totally formulating properly but this could be something that is tied together in the storyline for Glass. 

I just got done watching Split and I need to re watch Unbreakable to really try and piece things together but I figured this could be a good place to start. 

Thoughts?

• Like 4

4 hours ago, cbryns said:

I didn't have time to read all of the comments in depth but I am not sure if anyone made this connection or not ---

Notice how when Kevin/McAvoy goes to morph into the Beast, he lays a bouquet of flowers down in front of the train tracks, and then proceeds to make his grand change within the train car completely alone-- meanwhile, Unbreakable began with a train wreck, Dunn/Willis the only to survive...

It's really late and my brain isn't totally formulating properly but this could be something that is tied together in the storyline for Glass. 

I just got done watching Split and I need to re watch Unbreakable to really try and piece things together but I figured this could be a good place to start. 

Thoughts?

Kevin's dad got on a train and never came home. Remember? ;):D

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Jay Beezy said:

So do people believe that Kevin and Elijah are going to team up because they're the "villains" or do you think everyone is on their own side?

I think he'll go after Glass actually.

Edited by Arlborn

6 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

I think he'll go after Glass actually.

Here's the thing. The Beast believes in going after the "unbroken". Because Glass has been broken numerous times, the Beast will leave him be and go after David for being unbreakable. At least until a certain reveal is made.

Edited by Jay Beezy
  • Like 3

Unbreakable was great in large part because it had such clarity and a defined purpose to it. There's basically nothing extraneous there, and it all nicely comes together. Split is a lot more messy and unwieldy and I'm afraid smashing all the lead characters together will only make for a worse story and movie. Still cautiously curious about how it turns out. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MrGlass2 said:

Obviously a sequel to Unbreakable sounds great to me, but I wonder how Split will fit into this especially if the young woman comes back. Maybe Willis has to protect her?

Surrogate father and daughter and will become "superheroes" probabky