kayumanggi

Weekend Numbers | 19.4 M FATE OF THE FURIOUS | 12 M HOW TO BE LATIN LOVER | 10.1 M BAAHUBALI II | 9.3 M THE CIRCLE

This feels like those times when Borat and Hannah Montana pulled $30-40k PTAs from less than 1,000 theaters and out-opened everything else. Obviously smaller scale but still. This movie was not on my radar at all.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

No. None of them are the consistent draw that Leo is.

I didn't say they were consistent draw has Leo is. I asked if they were not movie star ?

Denzel has been more consistent than Leo, in the 2000's Denzel has opened all is wide release over 20m except one, he is batting 17 on 18, Leo has much better world peak potential, one thing Denzel has is clock work consistency.

Are you saying that you need to be as big as Dicaprio to be a movie star ? That the minimum bar ?

This WHO'S A DRAW argument comes up once a month it seems.  It's perpetual and it will never end.  It's exhausting talking about it month after month.

• Like 7

Just now, baumer said:

This WHO'S A DRAW argument comes up once a month it seems.  It's perpetual and it will never end.  It's exhausting talking about it month after month.

It is. Because it's Leo. Only Leo. Always Leo.

3 minutes ago, ChipMunky said:

It is. Because it's Leo. Only Leo. Always Leo.

And Denzel.

And Cruise.

And the Rock.

And Kevin Hart

But no wait what about

Shut up he's not a 

I think you forgot ab

etc. etc.

• Like 1

Okay so this doesn't have to do with "who is a draw" but the topic of picking the right roles came up and I noticed this weird observation. Certain actors/actresses will star in almost everything that comes their way (nothing wrong with that) and other actors/actresses will be extremely choosey i.e. they wait for the right role/movie for them. What I find interesting is that in both situations people will find a way to discredit the work of the actor or call them a box office flop. Like if an actor/actress puts out one movie every year or two folks will say something like "See! No one is checking for them. They're desperate for roles!" And I'm like umm no more like numerous scripts have come their way and they're just not interested in them. In the other case, an actor is more likely to have a long list of films that maybe didn't do so well because well they're in a lot of films...the chances of them doing all well aren't that good and yet people will be like "See so and so is a box office flop!" 

Like if you wait for the right role you're considered irrelevant but if you sign up for a bunch of films and only some do well, you're considered a flop. 

Its so weird to me. 

• Like 5

21 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

WOW, Double Toasted fucking HATED The Circle :ohmygod: 

I mean when a film is chilling at 21% on RT for critics and 33% for audience score, there won't be much to like about the movie. You did this to yourself :ph34r:

What my AMC looks like for the rest of the day:

The Circle:

4:25: 7/124

7:20: 13/124

10:05: 2/124

F8:

4:10: 0/113

5:25: 0/78

7:15: 12/113

8:40: 2/78

9:55: 0/78

The first two showings of The Circle both had around 30 seats sold each where F8's have been in the low to mid-teens.

6 minutes ago, Nova said:

I mean when a film is chilling at 21% on RT for critics and 33% for audience score, there won't be much to like about the movie. You did this to yourself :ph34r:

Image result for no ragrets

Now I'm even more curious to see it :lol: 

• Like 1

• Community Manager

• Community Manager
2 minutes ago, franfar said:

Wait a minute, are you telling me that movie stars don't have perfect BO records? Color me surprised

It's almost like there's no longer such a thing as a draw and people expect to be sold on the actual movie being made.

• Like 2