NickDisney13

The Spy Who Dumped Me | August 3, 2018 | Lionsgate

59 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

I was messing around on Fandango a minute ago, and I saw that a couple of the theaters nearby are having screenings for this film a week in advance on the 27th. Is that the case for anyone else?

Yep, happening here too.

5 hours ago, Nova said:

Hmm I’ve seen the trailer for this quite a few times in theaters. It looks pretty fun. Even if it doesn’t get good reviews, I could see it having a Hitman’s Bodyguard type of run at the box office. 

That the most obvious comparable right ?

2 hours ago, filmlover said:

Yeah, it's a nationwide sneak preview. Means they're confident in the movie.

Could be very hard to distinguish for me a studio confidence into an expected reaction (they are pushing a good test screening numbers since last year, so possibly) and not liking the tracking numbers and trying stuff with little too loose, when they show the movie a lot a week in advance like that but did hold the embargo review.

Specially with an review embargo still up just 7 days before release with an original movie that could use it.

Edited by Barnack

2 hours ago, Taylor said:

Well it’s sitting at 40% on RT now but with only 5 reviews. 

Like I said I’m thinking this is another Hitman’s Bodyguard. Although this may end up getting worse reviews than that by the looks of it HOWEVER if the leads have enough chemistry than I still think it’ll do well at the BO like THB did. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nova said:

Well it’s sitting at 40% on RT now but with only 5 reviews. 

Like I said I’m thinking this is another Hitman’s Bodyguard. Although this may end up getting worse reviews than that by the looks of it HOWEVER if the leads have enough chemistry than I still think it’ll do well at the BO like THB did. 

I want to see it but I think Hitman's Bodyguard worked because it delivered on its promise of a sweary action comedy and Jackson and Reynolds together is a strong pairing, I'm not sure if Kunis and McKinnon can replicate that.

• Like 2

It's pretty mediocre. The cast tries their best, and Kate McKinnon has a couple of funny moments, but most of the jokes aren't very funny, and it's got really bad tonal whiplash. The action scenes are fine and are decently shot, but they're surprisingly really intense, gory and gratuitous, which really takes you out of the film. One minute, somebody gets their neck cracked, or they get impaled, or they get shot in the head, then the next minute Kunis and McKinnon are cracking jokes about Minions and vaginas. Wouldn't recommend.

• Astonished 1
  • Sad 1
  • ...wtf 1