They will probably just wait until the series is done to give him the Emmy. Definitely deserves it. That season finale was interesting. Hilarious that Sterling was calling Draper to the carpet for strange behavior. Talk about hypocrisy.

In any other year, I felt like the Hershey scene would have clinched it for Hamm.

A great season in my opinion, though the first few episodes were off. After that, it started to click and it was mostly consistent from there save an episode.

• Like 1

So the suicide theme from the premiere was foreshadowing Don committing professional suicide during that pitch. That was so painful. You finally feel sorry for Don for a change and then that's when the other partners finally stand up to him.

Are we done with Megan forever? Pretty please? For the past two seasons, she's been Mad Men's version of fetch.

Pete and his brother were pretty funny deciding it would cost too much to bring Manolo to justice and since she was already dead anyway...

Peggy in a pantsuit and getting the Don Draper shot in the corner office—she's come a long way from Season 1. Yet not because she's still picking the wrong boys and the stunt with the dress was pretty desperate. Ted was a drama queen whiner who was bad at adultery but it was interesting having a challenger to Don around and Kevin Rahm did some really strong work.

It was a great season. A lot of people didn't like it because they were fed up with Don's bullshit but that was the point of the whole thing. I loved the finale. That shit with Pete's moms death was hilarious. "Well, she always loved the sea."

• Like 4

My favorite college football blog also loves talking about Mad Men:

http://www.everydayshouldbesaturday.com/2013/6/24/4458982/the-last-blathering-on-mad-men-for-a-while

A sampling:

Fun is Pete Campbell's long turn as the flustered, balding Daffy Duck of the office. Pete has fallen down stairs, had hilariously awkward whorehouse encounters, been trapped with his dotty, manservant-fondling mother in his dismal Manhattan fuck-pad, backed into an all-too symbolic GM totem pole in a stick-shift car, been played by Bob Benson in four hundred different directions, thrown particularly good Campbell-snits throughout the season, attempted to use MLK's assassination for his own emotional and sexual gain, and finally said "fuck it" before retiring to the office lounge to get high and look at passing skirts.
  • Like 3

Because AMC realises they'll be out of quality programming after BB and this are finished the final season of Mad Men is being split in two

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-mad-men-final-season-two-halves-20130917,0,1564180.story

I still blame Harry Potter for all this splitting finales in two shit. :lol:

Because AMC realises they'll be out of quality programming after BB and this are finished the final season of Mad Men is being split in two

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-mad-men-final-season-two-halves-20130917,0,1564180.story

I still blame Harry Potter for all this splitting finales in two shit. :lol:

Well, it's really The Sopranos who from a television stand point did this

BUT, at least with that you had a season of 9 episodes ... and 12 episodes, so 21 in total compared to 13 per season like it was.

This is just 1 more episode than you would usually get in 1 season ... what a joke.

Mad Men isn't going to have the huge ratings jump that Breaking Bad got in that last season because of the nature of the show and it's 'slow methodical style'. 

I love Mad Men ... well, I did for the first 3 to 4 seasons, now I simply 'like it', but this is just stupid and reeks of desperation by AMC.

Edited by Adam