YM!

2018: Minorities at The Box Office

Black Panther seems right. It will have hype from it's AA character, and cuz of the holy marketing machine that is Disney/Marvel. Maybe even 350m. 

A Wrinkle in Time might do well, but your prediction seems a bit high. Maybe 150m, but I have to know the hype levels and material lol

Mulan will do gangbusters

56 minutes ago, YourMother said:

As bland as some of Disney's past remakes have been, this seems one of the most interesting as it gives on a more realistic/warlike take on one of Disney's biggest hits from the 90s, while keeping the music.

This perspective irks more whenever I see it. The remakes may not be wholly fresh, but that doesn't make them bland and uninteresting. They're traditional crowd pleasers. 

Animated Spider-Man seems fine. Lord/Miller are a solid duo in regards to animated kid's fare. I expect it to have good reviews and hype cuz of the Spidey factor.

Same for Aquaman; good reviews and hype, but it depends on how they sell the movie. If it looks lame (doubt it, it has Wan at the helm), then it could underperform OW and DOM. 

JW2 will do well. Nuff said. Easy success on the belt of the director.

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

Remember: This is the man who believes Scooby-Doo and Mortal Engines will go over $290M.

LISTEN UP YOU FAKE NEWS SHARING BITCH.  I HAVE SCOOBY DOO AT 290M, FLAT.  NOT HIGHER.  THEN I HAVE MORTAL ENGINES AT ONLY 249M.  YOU SEE THE DIFFERENCE.  LEARN TO COUNT.

1 hour ago, YourMother said:

Animated Spider-Man (Lord/Miller): $45M/$210M

As a Spider-Man fan since I was 4, I'm very excited about this one. Animated Spider-Man could be a breakout. Unlike previous Spider-Man movies, Miles Morales (an young African American/Hispanic teen), taking up the Spider-Man mantle something that hasn't been done in film yet. Considering how big Spider-Man is I can see this surprise especially with Lord/Miller steering the wheel. 

I didn't realize Miles Morales was the character in this one that + Lord and Miller make me really want to see it actually, I would have 0 interest in it otherwise thb. I would love to see a live action Spidey with Miles in it, as Much as I love Peter Parker, his story is getting kind of old at this point. I would totally be down with a spider-verse if Sony knew what they were doing though. 

Just now, That One Valerian said:

LISTEN UP YOU FAKE NEWS SHARING BITCH.  I HAVE SCOOBY DOO AT 290M, FLAT.  NOT HIGHER.  THEN I HAVE MORTAL ENGINES AT ONLY 249M.  YOU SEE THE DIFFERENCE.  LEARN TO COUNT.

Depending on how shitty the movie it is, Scooby could get under 200m 

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

Don't forget his Valerian predictions!

Now this I will take full responsibility for :sadben:.

Last night I had a dream that Valerian did something like 18M previews before having a 220M OW before ushering in a new golden era of cinema.  Literally that Monday, studios were announcing new sci-fi projects being dated and Dark Tower shifted back to November to avoid Valerian despite being two weeks away.  It was a glorious dream.

Unfortunately, I woke up.

2 minutes ago, Kalo said:

I didn't realize Miles Morales was the character in this one that + Lord and Miller make me really want to see it actually, I would have 0 interest in it otherwise thb. I would love to see a live action Spidey with Miles in it, as Much as I love Peter Parker, his story is getting kind of old at this point. I would totally be down with a spider-verse if Sony knew what they were doing though. 

@Chewy and @aabattery part of my point.

4 minutes ago, That One Valerian said:

http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/23412-top-10-of-2018-predictions/?page=13#comment-2973218

MV5BYTVmNWM3ZjAtNzNhZC00MjBlLWIwYWYtODYx