kayumanggi

US | 03.22.2019 | Universal | 13th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

On 1/18/2019 at 8:12 PM, YLF said:

They’re having a screening of this soon :x I got invited, but will have class at the time. I might skip the class though.

did you skip the class? that's the only right thing to do.

That interview with Peele is great. The movie's gonna blow minds and I predict twice as big OW as Get Out.  Evil Lupita 4TW!  @CoolEric258 

29 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

did you skip the class? that's the only right thing to do.

That interview with Peele is great. The movie's gonna blow minds and I predict twice as big OW as Get Out.  Evil Lupita 4TW!  @CoolEric258 

I skipped and got there early. There were so many people there. I was literally supposed to be the next person in line to get in, and the theater filled up so they didn't let me in. I was PISSED. They kept skipping over me to put in big groups of people. It seemed like they favored people that were older(30+) because they kept asking everyones age and the people that were older got to skip the line. 

• Sad 3

3 minutes ago, YLF said:

I skipped and got there early. There were so many people there. I was literally supposed to be the next person in line to get in, and the theater filled up so they didn't let me in. I was PISSED. They kept skipping over me to put in big groups of people. It seemed like they favored people that were older(30+) because they kept asking everyones age and the people that were older got to skip the line. 

Oh no! That's terrible. They shouldn't have treated you and others like that. :(

why do you think their preference were older crowd? horror is big with teenagers and younger people so I'm curious they favored demo that isn't primary target. :thinking:

11 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Oh no! That's terrible. They shouldn't have treated you and others like that. :(

why do you think their preference were older crowd? horror is big with teenagers and younger people so I'm curious they favored demo that isn't primary target. :thinking:

They said they had to meet the demographic targets of their client. So Im guessing they just wanted a certain amount of older people to be among the people to screen the film. Im not sure. 

2 minutes ago, YLF said:

They said they had to meet the demographic targets of their client. So Im guessing they just wanted a certain amount of older people to be among the people to screen the film. Im not sure. 

That is good to know. If I ever go to one of these things, I will bring a fake beard and glasses.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, YLF said:

I see. Thanks. 

Previews look so fantastic I'm scared the movie won't be able to live up to them. 

@MrGlass2 :hahaha::bravo:

Edited by Valonqar

Its initial inspiration, appropriately enough, was the old Twilight Zone episode “Mirror Image,” which he saw as a kid. In it, a woman encounters her duplicate in a bus station and becomes convinced it arrived from a parallel universe, bent on replacing her. “It’s terrifying, beautiful, really elegant storytelling,” Peele says, “and it opens up a world. It opens up your imagination.”

I've seen that episode it rules. Weird to me that it isn't considered one of the show's big classics on par with Maple Street or Time Enough at Last. Also doppelgangers are perhaps the most underused cool horror idea? I wasn't big on Get Out but this looks entirely like my jam. Can't wait.

• Like 1

On 2/6/2019 at 4:36 PM, Valonqar said:

this has the best marketing! 

That poster irritates me extremely. JORDAN PEELE and WRITER/DIRECTOR OF GET OUT are not centered precisely. I dont even have ocd but this is really upsetting me.