kayumanggi

US | 03.22.2019 | Universal | 13th Most Profitable Movie of 2019

3 hours ago, La Binoche said:

Will this be as monstrously overrated as GET OUT? 

You can tell that once the hype is over and the dust has cleared, people will look back on this and go, "wellllllll, was it actually that good?" 

Yes it was that good to most people but you can obviously disagree.

Calling a movie overrated is not an attack against the film it's an attack against people who enjoyed a film and that makes it a childish critique. 

• Like 3

I never thought and still dont think that Get Out is a masterpiece. Mainly because it presented itself as a horror film with satirical/comedy elements and while the film nailed the latter aspect imo, it kind of failed at the first. Still a very good film mind you, but not the second coming of Christ Starship Troopers.

But the trailers for Us were amazing and its the kind of premise im 100% sold on. I just hope it will be a hard-R and not the softer R like Get Out.

Edited by Brainbug
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, Brainbug said:

I never thought and still dont think that Get Out is a masterpiece. Mainly because it presented itself as a horror film with satirical/comedy elements and while the film nailed the latter aspect imo, it kind of failed at the first. Still a very good film mind you, but not the second coming of Christ Starship Troopers.

But the trailers for Us were amazing and its the kind of premise im 100% sold on. I just hope it will be a hard-R and not the softer R like Get Out.

Get Out would have been amazing if it turned gore in the last act.

3 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

why do you hate good movies

Since when is "okay" hating?? It's still a positive view of the movie. 

It's a C. 3 stars. A thumbs up.

Not everything that is less than loving adoration, needs to be seen as negative!

• Thanks 1